Summer Wrap Up

Lunk

Hey everybody,

With summer officially over here in Idaho, it will be time for me to start heading south towards the desert southwest, hitting my favorite gold fields along the way. Between 70-hour work weeks and area closures due to forest fires during the past few months, I was able to hit the local nugget patches with the GPZ 7000 only a handful of times...far less than I usually do...but the new ZVT technology of the Zed more than made up for it. I have literally scoured these old patches for years with VLF gold machines as well as most every model of Minelab PI units, from the old SD 2100 on through to the GPX 5000; it was a rare event to find a buried crack or crevice in the bedrock that contained a few small nuggets, however with the Zed it has been a common occurence with half a dozen to 2 dozen nugget pockets being unearthed. I was lucky to find three nuggets in a day with the GPX 5000, but have been averaging a dozen with the 7000 - in all, 98 pieces of gold with a total weight of over 25 grams - not a bonanza by any means, but it's a real eye opener as to how much gold the new zero voltage transmission technology can pick up in an area that has been virtually cleaned out with previous technologies. Looking forward to more fun in the sun this winter...hope to see you in the gold fields and good luck out there!post-401-0-96906200-1444417188_thumb.jpgpost-401-0-08482900-1444417210_thumb.jpgpost-401-0-98939900-1444417241_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Good shooting Lunk.

By any chance will you be at the Gold Basin outings in a couple of weeks?

Is that too far south too quickly?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

Mitchel: PM sent.

Nope, no surprise here.... You rule with that machine, I can personally attest to that. WTG!

Happy hunting this Winter. I'm nursing a new partial knee replacement, but hope to cross paths this Winter/Spring. Dave

• Like 1

I like your summer wrap-up a lot better than mine and although a little embarrassed with my tiny gold, i did love every minute of the hunt. Lunk you are an inspiration and seeing how you magically pull the yellow stuff gives me hope that someday (next summer) i'll learn enough to find a little more, WTG. 

some of my hard earned trash...

post-618-0-88123700-1444499506_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I like your summer wrap-up a lot better than mine and although a little embarrassed with my tiny gold, i did love every minute of the hunt. Lunk you are an inspiration and seeing how you magically pull the yellow stuff gives me hope that someday (next summer) i'll learn enough to find a little more, WTG.

some of my hard earned trash...

That flat thing at the bottom of your pic with the round dimple in the center. I found one of those before. Wasn't sure what is was, maybe a blade for a wood plane?