Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Preliminary Report

I was there at 8 am opening. After an hour the beach was getting so busy I got in the water and hunted just off the beach. Water is cold still so only a few tough souls out in it, easy to work around. By noon the wind kicked up enough the waves were getting hard to see through and work in so I called it a day. They are running the parks at 50% capacity. The guy said on weekends they are “full” and closed to newcomers an hour after opening.

fisher-metal-detector-middle-rod-section.jpg

First Texas Middle Rod section, current on many Fisher, BH, and Teknetics models. Will the rod too long for many people at the shortest settings so not a magic fix. This plus shortening the lower rod would be the best compromise,  but I am sure FT was looking more for stability and integrity with the two piece rod design.

Speaking of rods - we need a part number and price for replacement lower rods with yoke soon. You just know they are going to get broken, and the unique design means no easy fixes.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report Steve. Sounds like the AQ limited is right up my alley. Now if I can just get my hands on one.

Freaking Awesome reporting, music to my ears.
Godspeed to you tomorrow.

Tim

Nicely detailed report Steve. A lot of good information for your first time out. Good luck with the eye today!

This is exactly what I was expecting from it.

Due to the tough saltwater training with the Tdi Bh , I'm just waiting for this beauty to finally hear signals more than noise.

I'd love to see soon an 8" coil too.

Many thanks for your report!

Really detailed for a first shot!

• Like 1

Thanks Steve for taking the time to post your first impressions. I'm glad it has solid performance even maxed out. Were you in a location that had any noticeable EMI when you used your other machines previously there? How did it handle the EMI? Also how does it compare with the GPX? Sounds like it would be smoother and a bit deeper than the GPX.

Nice, no nonesense ("call 'em as I see 'em") review, Steve.  I'm not trying to add more work to your plate as I know you are motivated to give this new detector the best workout you can.  Just wondering, since you've made mentions of parallels between this detector and the White's TDI, will you be trying it out for coin hunting as you detailed years ago for the TDI?  Do you expect better, worse, or about the same performance in that capacity?  7 microsecond minimum (compared to 10 microsecond) delay is one big difference but I suspect that won't add any coins (well, maybe our tiny nickel 3 cent piece...?).  Still, will there be better discrimination against rusty, bent nails?  And there's always almost everyone favorite wish -- deeper.

Hope your cataract surgery #2 goes smoothly and you're back swinging soon (with renewed ability of a 15 year old to spot those sun-bakers 😏).

• Like 1