Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Preliminary Report

5 hours ago, robin said:

Interesting.

SO when will it be available in Europe ?

The Limited model is not available in Europe. Hopefully the updated full retail model, with improved batteries and depth rating, will be available by the end of the year or early next year.

ok, seems a long time away.

Its been a strange year for detecting, only just getting back onto (the deserted) beaches where I am.

I was doing so well first part of year before everything shut.

I use a CTX3030 and excal II with Nel coil on.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Buying a Minelab PI used makes a lot of sense for this application. And as you probably know, the Minelab circuit boards are usually quite well sealed. It’s those little toggles and knobs that need the care. If I lived on a huge beach I’d have a Minelab with a 12” x 24” Mono coil for no reason other than ground coverage. Sometimes covering twice the ground is a better strategy than 2” more depth.

I bought a beach hog wide coil from Rick a year or two back to try with my GP Extremes.  Haven’t gotten around to it yet. Other hobbies and desire to hunt with the CTX have delayed my GP experiments. Does work ok in the garage...  I want to cover the control box with a plastic bag kind of thing so no added weight.  Don’t need to mess with settings it seems.

• Like 1

OK, beefed up the original post quite a bit, added more about the coil and headphones, various other tidbits. I may fine tune it a bit more but it is pretty complete now. Might be worth another look. And yes, my eye is healing up very well... vision recovered is a beautiful thing. I honestly had no idea quite how bad it had gotten, the world is a much sharper and brighter place now than it was a few weeks ago! :smile: Should be able to maybe think about some mask and snorkel work right about the time the water gets warmer than it is right now. Been a cool spring around here, especially up at Tahoe elevation.

• Like 1

Steve, What did you set your sensitivity at? Did you use the preset on that one too, or did you crank it up :laugh:

On 6/15/2020 at 8:17 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Despite this beach having thick magnetite concentrations I had no problem running the machine at 7 uS pulse delay, full sensitivity. I used the default marked settings for other controls. The detector is extremely stable, with rock solid audio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2020 at 11:17 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

The coil is just ever so slightly buoyant. Not so much as you notice it while swinging - it feels neutral. But if released sitting in the water the coil slowly floats to the surface. I

Very True, I did this little test cause I figured some would someday ask...Slightly Buoyant..Perfect report

• Like 4