California Couple Finds $10 Million In Gold Coins

Ya that's a lot of it with me.  They just spend, spend, spend and most is just wasted creating a voter base.  I don't mind paying for those that can't work but I'm tired of paying for those that won't work.   The worst part is that they give so much to these enviros that work towards closing off areas for the things I enjoy doing. 

Wes.

Next up will be the previous property owners.  The names and location won't be secret for long.  As soon as that's known, the lawyers will crawl out from under rocks and try to claim it.  And woah to them if it's learned that it used to be state or county land back in the 1800's.  Then the government will take it all.  Keep your mouth shut!

Digger Bob

Getting even better - the coins may have been buried by robbers! If so ownership and taxes gets even more interesting:

http://blog.sfgate.com/stienstra/2014/03/03/sf-heist-in-1900-may-explain-buried-gold-treasure/

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/03/03/gold-treasure-trove-shocker/

Should have melted it all and sold it for scrap! Would have saved the troubles. Rite guys.......... guys, guys, ........Was is something I said?

• Like 1

I actually am not buying the heist story. The coins were stacked in sequential years. Coins stolen from the mint would probably be all one year. The coins sound to me more like a person who every year got one gold coin and put it away.

Not a bad saving system if you think about it; if I had done that my whole life I would have a nice little stash of my own!