New Here- Kind Of

Compass

Even though I registered a couple of years ago I really haven't spent much time here. While looking for more information on the new Fisher Impulse AQ I found this site to be a great resource so I've been spending more time here lately. I've already seen a few other names that I recognize from another forum that I frequent so it looks like others have the same idea. 

Anyway, my name is George and my first detector was a Goldak back in 1970. I found a lot with it but, wow, was that thing primitive compared to the detectors of today! It had a pressed wood coil bottom, fixed shaft and hard black plastic headphones that I think were from the Army Surplus. More than a dozen metal detectors later I am recently retired and have more time to do what I like to do most and that is finding lost jewelry, usually, in the shallow freshwater or on the wet sand and surf of the southern California beaches. 

In the lakes my detector of choice is the Equinox 800 with the 6" coil which I find great for smaller gold. It also helps with pinpointing in murky water. Before the Nox I used the Fisher Aquanaut quite a bit in fresh water.

At the beach I went from swinging the Pro PI to the Dual Field to the BeachHunter, which I currently use. I'm hoping that the Fisher Impulse AQ will be my next detector as I have been very impressed with what I have read about it, so far.

Even though I've been in the hobby a while there are 2 things that stand out to me:

1. I learn something new almost every time I go out detecting.

2. Finding gold never gets old!

• Like 8

Welcome aboard and don't be afraid to ask questions and go through the posts.

48 minutes ago, KOB said:

I know that dude

Hey KOB, I think I got here a couple minutes before you so...Welcome to the Detectorprospector Forum! :laugh:

29 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Welcome aboard and don't be afraid to ask questions and go through the posts.

Thank you 2Valen! Lots of good information here.

• Like 1

Welcome back George,

Glad to have you experience here! I actually found your "first" post a few minutes ago! Keep up the info and finds!👍👍  

15 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Welcome back George,

Glad to have you experience here! I actually found your "first" post a few minutes ago! Keep up the info and finds!👍👍  

Thanks Joe, Wow, I just looked at that first post too and it was right before I got the Equinox. Exciting times- just like now!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Welcome back George. See you at the beach. Good luck!

Thanks BeachHunter, I'll keep an eye open for that VW. I learned to drive a stick in one of those. 😉

• Like 1

Hello again George,

I ment to ask you; is that canoe in the picture your handiwork? Those are some "Mad" skills! 

(I think i used that term correctly?!)👍👍

18 hours ago, Compass said:

Thanks BeachHunter, I'll keep an eye open for that VW. I learned to drive a stick in one of those. 😉

I loved my Bus. I had 3 of them over the years. Don’t look for the yellow bus because it will look like a Tacoma. Lol!

• Haha 1