New Here- Kind Of

Compass

21 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hello again Compass,

I ment to ask you; is that canoe in the picture your handiwork? Those are some "Mad" skills! 

(I think i used that term correctly?!)👍👍

Thanks Joe, Yes, it is something I've been wanting to build for a while and the "stay-at-home" period seemed like a good time to start. I have some remote locations I want to detect and a boat will make it easier to get there.

• Like 2

I would think with that kind of "custom" made canoe, an aficionado would pay "big bucks" for it!! I'm sure you know what they are worth! Than you could buy a nice "Old Town Canoe", another detector, and still have cash left!🛶💰 Just a layman's opinion!👍👍(Your's is seriously too nice to beat around in!)

20200619_113119.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I would think with that kind of "custom" made canoe, an aficionado would pay "big bucks" for it!! Than you could buy a nice "Old Town Canoe", another detector, and still have cash left!🛶💰 Just a thought!👍👍(Yours is seriously to nice!)

20200619_113119.jpg

Thanks Joe,  You are right, they aren't cheap to buy and not cheap to build (in my case anyway). And what you are saying makes a lot of sense. However, after all the time and effort I have and will put into this project I would like to keep it in the family as long as possible. 

• Like 2

Yes Sir,

Family first! Money and toys are down the list! Woodworking is an underappreciated art! Hope the family treasures it for a very long time! Send me a (pm), or us some pics, when you are done! If you don't mind!👍👍

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SeabeeRon said:

Hey George, good to see you here as well!

Thanks Ron, Always good to hear from you no matter the forum!

• Like 1