Thinking About Not Taking This Equinox 800 Under Water

Sorry I missed this question to earlier response.  The extended warranty that I got is through Asurion Protection.  They insure electronics devices of all nature.  Looking back at the plan I got, it actually extens out an additional 3 years beyond manufacture warranty.  Asurion is a company that big box stores here in the US use a lot.

I reviewed my purchase agreement and it was 25.66 per year.  For something that plan to take into saltwater at coin beach.  Very much worth it.  

//R

56 minutes ago, Phillips_R said:

The extended warranty that I got is through Asurion Protection.

I assume this is the same company.  Doesn't look too good (and that seems to be a gross understatement).  From Yelp:

151569319_Screenshot_2020-06-20AsurionServicePlans-TheLoop-ChicagoIL.png.de909b31be701ae2974903287f40acfd.png

Yeah, those extended warranty companies are great until you actually try to collect on the warranty, then every obstacle and fine print clause against your ability to actually invoke it comes out of the woodwork.  Never again...  They make a guaranteed $45 or $75 or whatever you paid for it and you typically get a guaranteed runaround.

I can't blame you for not wanting to take a chance with ruining it.

I am not a water hunter, strictly land only. Even if I go to the beach there is no way I would take the detector underwater.  Even in a freshwater condition,  would have no intentions of going into water deep enough to hit the control pod.

Got my 800 last year, spent many hours in the water with it and never had a problem with it. It’s a great water machine however I like the Tarsacci better now. I may sell it w plenty of warranty left.

Can the Tarsacci hunt in the water chest deep for a couple hours?

17 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Can the Tarsacci hunt in the water chest deep for a couple hours?

Probably not.  Steve racked out all the Tarsacci MDT specs here.  Including:

Waterproof : IP68 (Up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes in still water).

Looks like a wading machine that can take an occasional spill or dunking, but that's it.

Wish the Garrett Apex was spec'd like this rather than just rainproof.