Eq 600 5 Khz Crushing Multi On Depth

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'll let you in on a secret, as long as you don't tell anyone.  Agree?  (Whispering:)  They've been out there too!  :laugh:

In theory people are more likely to lose a piece of jewelry, ring in particular, in and around water than on dry land.  I find a Mercury dime and it has about $1.20 in silver content.  Water/beach hunter finds a 3 gram 14kt gold ring and it's bullion value alone is $100.  I likely find more Mercs than the average water/beach hunter finds gold rings, but I don't know if I can beat that ~80::1 advantage I'm spotting them.

Bottom line is that most of us get paid in fun, not money.  You just have to decide where the most fun is.

Oh believe me I’m not trying to focus on an income here...it’s pure passion and enjoyment regarding our hobby.  I make plenty of $ with my business.  Many people probably think we are insane getting a $1 or $2 an hour in the 95 degree heat(it’s hot here).  For me it’s the thrill and the challenge of the hunt!  I like to hook into something unknown that will produce unknown results.  GB I don’t like that secret very much and you have saddened me☹️Lol.  I do still feel there are places in central Texas because no one else detects around here...most people look at me like an alien around here.  Your bad news may be the case...but I’m smarter than the rest and will up the ante with research with old maps, getting wet in obscure places, and out working the rest.  GB_Pro you better stop being mean to me😉

• Haha 1

Breakthrough!  I’ve crushed 9 fat nickels in my first hour of hunting and this is what I’ve found out.  When you hook into a small target and it jumps 12-13 the key to nickels is to have the vdi at 13 MOST of the time.  75% or so on average and every target so far has been a nickel.  I went from one nickel to 10 in one hour and every target held true to that.  Of course everyone’s soil is different but I have a feeling this holds true for many.  GB_Pro and I are going thru this life one nickel at a time😁

527CB87B-5DDF-4028-B95C-333A475B9F81.jpeg

• Like 4

Congratulations Captain,

You are now well on your way to becoming a "nickelaire"!!💰   Don't spend it all in one place!😂🤣

(Just kidding!) 👍👍

PS- put a couple more loops of the cable around the shaft, so it doesn't flop around (interference!)  Or get hung up and get damaged!👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe D. said:

Congratulations Captain,

You are now well on your way to becoming a "nickelaire"!!💰   Don't spend it all in one place!😂🤣

(Just kidding!) 👍👍

PS- put a couple more loops of the cable around the shaft, so it doesn't flop around (interference!)  Or get hung up and get damaged!👍

Yea I just noticed that when I got home...I pack into my Minelab bag and have to compress the lower rod To fit it and didn’t notice it caused it to get loose like that.  I can tell someone hammered this park because all I pulled up was nickels(13)...5 freaking quarters, 6 dimes in trash, and a truck load of pennies in trash.  This machine is amazing now that I figured the fat nickels out,  I’m branching out to other lower conductive targets.  I see no need for the 6” coil at all this stock coil picks every good target out no matter the trash.  I’m getting close to having this beast down.  Everyone talking about the apex and have forgot about the EQ already.  I do various depth tests every hunt and I’m consistently hitting: dime at 10”, penny at a foot, and quarters at 14” and all those #s are hitting plenty dig strong.  HH

2 hours ago, CaptainCoinSpill said:

Everyone talking about the apex and have forgot about the EQ already.

No one has really forgotten about the Equinox - it is simply a fact that those who know detectors well and who are open minded enough to keep from being handcuffed by brand loyalty, probably already own one.  The people who are talking about the Apex never heard of the EQ because it was not manufactured by Garrett.  I am interested in Garrett's FIRST GEN multi rig and glad they have jumped into the race with a competitive machine that they can build upon - I plan to get one to see how they did.   But it will not replace the EQ 800 by a long shot - heck it isn't even in the same league as the EQ 600 (see my comparison chart here) even if you consider price vs. performance/features.   The Equinox represent's ML's FOURTH generation multi-frequency iteration.  Garret is back in the game but they have been lapped a couple of times already and have a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 6:24 PM, Chase Goldman said:

No one has really forgotten about the Equinox - it is simply a fact that those who know detectors well and who are open minded enough to keep from being handcuffed by brand loyalty, probably already own one.  The people who are talking about the Apex never heard of the EQ because it was not manufactured by Garrett.  I am interested in Garrett's FIRST GEN multi rig and glad they have jumped into the race with a competitive machine that they can build upon - I plan to get one to see how they did.   But it will not replace the EQ 800 by a long shot - heck it isn't even in the same league as the EQ 600 (see my comparison chart here) even if you consider price vs. performance/features.   The Equinox represent's ML's FOURTH generation multi-frequency iteration.  Garret is back in the game but they have been lapped a couple of times already and have a lot of catching up to do.

I see...I guess I read to many posts and reviews sometimes.  Now that I have about 40 hours on this eq 600, I’m more confident and excited than I’ve ever been since I started swinging in 1992.   Anyone that knocks the EQ just don’t know how to properly become one with the machine or has alterior motives.  I’ve seen quite a few ridiculous debates the last few weeks(I won’t mention his name) and it irritates me because people trying to figure out what machine to go with may be turned off due to a rogue goofy view.  Anyways, I appreciate all of your passion and help and I never thought I would find a board this good!  It has increased my learning curve twice fold and I can’t wait to get back out tomorrow!  I wish I could give back the time and tips I have received because it means a lot!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

From the few videos done with the Apex that I saw , the Apex could be better than the MLs ( Eq, Vanquish, Etrac , etc ) on high iron trashed areas.

High iron trashed areas is the little weakness of the MLs to my opinion , and Garrett could take the lead on this with the Apex . The Apex looks more reactive and more silent than the MLs on these videos . Btw this iron trash ability has been stated by Garrett in their Apex marketing stuff if I remember well . Just a guess .. Need to go in the field with the Apex to confirm that..

For equinox you can still use 1F -20khz and 1f 40 khz ... to improve the separation in certain cases..

Apex ..this has a 6x 11 "coil and it helps separation ... we'll see in practice.

On 6/23/2020 at 4:35 AM, CaptainCoinSpill said:

To the people that say the vdi #s are all over the place blah blah blah all I can say is you haven’t become one with the machine.

That are some serious bold words for a "newbie" on the machine 😃

There are no magic settings or numbers. It's all a question of what you want to find / achieve and of course the environment you're hunting. If you have limited hunting time and you only want to find specific clad for example, it may be totally fine to discrim the heck out of the machine.

My approach is the opposite - I change the tonebreaks, pitches + volume instead of discrim - one of the EQX 800 benefits, I don't want to miss. I dig alot of low numbers and therefore trash, but found some nice gold that way. Also jumping numbers doesn't mean it has to be trash - bracelets or nacklaces often sound super iffy.

And then, after 100s and 100s of hours with the EQX, I still get fooled or surprised from time to time 😏

• Like 6