Eq 600 5 Khz Crushing Multi On Depth

9 hours ago, CaptainCoinSpill said:

I see...I guess I read to many posts and reviews sometimes.  

I’ve seen quite a few ridiculous debates the last few weeks(I won’t mention his name) and it irritates me because people trying to figure out what machine to go with may be turned off due to a rogue goofy view.

I assume at least some of what you've been reading is on other forums.  Yes, we've been excited here too with Garrett finally getting into the simultaneous multifrequency game and coming out with their first new design in several years.  The Equinox has been out since early 2018 and if you were to go back to late 2017 and early 2018 and read all the posts about it you would suffer from reader's cramp.  😁  There is certainly a tendency here for people to defend their favorite detector or brand, but there is also a lot of objectivity, thanks to Steve H. setting a good example.  And its natural for people to get excited with the birth of a new baby.   As far a inaccurate representations/reports, that gets squelched (by counterposts) here pretty quickly, particularly if done with apparent ill intent.  We're a tolerant bunch for the most part, but we don't put up with inaccurate attacks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptainCoinSpill said:

I see...I guess I read to many posts and reviews sometimes.

It is the new kid on the block by an extremely popular US detector company so it is naturally going to garner more excitement and a hype-like tone vs. Equinox which was at this same pre-release state nearly 3 years ago.  There were some ultra-hype moments during that “craze” including skydiving promotions at international detecting festivals and mile-long pre-sale waiting lists at various dealers.  Just the nature of the biz to talk up the new toy.  The Apex comparisons to EQ are expected.  Apex nicely fills the capability and value gap between the Vanquish and the Equinox 600.

7 hours ago, palzynski said:

From the few videos done with the Apex that I saw , the Apex could be better than the MLs ( Eq, Vanquish, Etrac , etc ) on high iron trashed areas.

Way too early to tell for sure.  I will say that the stock Apex coil is preferable to the EQ stock coil for those situations and will re-state my long-standing disappointment in ML ignoring detectorists’ requests to see elliptical coil offerings for EQ similar to what were provided with Vanquish.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I assume at least some of what you've been reading is on other forums.  Yes, we've been excited here too with Garrett finally getting into the simultaneous multifrequency game and coming out with their first new design in several years.  The Equinox has been out since early 2018 and if you were to go back to late 2017 and early 2018 and read all the posts about it you would suffer from reader's cramp.  😁  There is certainly a tendency here for people to defend their favorite detector or brand, but there is also a lot of objectivity, thanks to Steve H. setting a good example.  And its natural for people to get excited with the birth of a new baby.   As far a inaccurate representations/reports, that gets squelched (by counterposts) here pretty quickly, particularly if done with apparent ill intent.  We're a tolerant bunch for the most part, but we don't put up with inaccurate attacks.

It was on a sub forum on here...pretty heated debate I tried to find the post but gave up.  He was trashing the EQ pretty good I believe even Tnhunter dealt with him.  I agree this forum is solid for sure.  Sinclair I may not have but 40 hours on this machine but I’ve been swinging for 27 years.  I acknowledged That every situation is different.  There isn’t any doubt this machine can do it all and do it well!

On 6/25/2020 at 12:06 AM, CaptainCoinSpill said:

Hi captain,

Actually I answered to your private mail but it looks like for some reasons you never received my answer , si I wil answer here :

1. first question is why I moved from the Eq 800 to the Vanquish 540 :

- because of the excellent Vanquish coil set , particular the V10 coil

- because of some control box buttons ergonomy that I will not detail here

- because of the excellent Vanquish telescopic shaft

In mild/moderate mineralized soil the Vanquish has almost the same perfos as the Equinox , and the same audio, so I did not have to relearn a new machine , the Vanquish just sounds like the Eq ...

2. About the war in my area , in fact it is not the 2nd but the 1st world that has left a lot of rubbish here , casings bullets schrappnells etc ... because of the 4 long years war duration. The 2nd WW war has been much faster over here so less targets left in the soil. It depends where you are , in Normandy of course they have plenty of 2nd WW targets.  Yes older people told me stories on the 2nd WW ,  most of them have passed now but I still remember their stories ... 

• Like 1