Important Announcement From White's Electronics

Steve I have never posted all of what was going on behind the scenes I just stepped back from it all because at the time I was too angry at certain people for the garbage they posted in my "Inbox"  That's the thing that made it personal, So staying away from it all was the best option because I am Ok until I'm pushed.

This is the first time I have mentioned all what was going on, and now I just don't care although I do find it amusing how the mighty have fallen, Sad but true, because there was a time when any of my spare cash went on Whites products,

The knock on effect from all of this is that now I no longer trust detector companies and I won't be buying another machine until either the dealers or the companies can prove that it is a step up or it can do what mine can't because my interest in the hobby is stuck in first gear after all this and I have almost finished putting my camper together so I can go off detecting and start A fresh, So far it has chewed up well in to 5 figures and I am looking forward to go detecting for weeks at a time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Geotech said:

They have several interested potential buyers. A portfolio of assets is being created for the interested parties to review and see where to go from there. Can't say much more than that for now.

Hope it come back to produce soon.

Best Wishes And Good Luck 😎

3 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

The knock on effect from all of this is that now I no longer trust detector companies and I won't be buying another machine until either the dealers or the companies can prove that it is a step up or it can do what mine can't

I agree with you auminesweeper

I think I will just use the Whites detectors I have until they die.....  

Which will probably be a very long time..... I have a V3i, an MXT, and a 1990s Eagle spectrum that still hunts like a bloodhound .... at my age my Whites machines will probably outlive me....LOL

I don't need a detector from some offshore company that has a limited lifespan.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnedoe said:

I agree with you auminesweeper

I think I will just use the Whites detectors I have until they die.....  

Which will probably be a very long time..... I have a V3i, an MXT, and a 1990s Eagle spectrum that still hunts like a bloodhound .... at my age my Whites machines will probably outlive me....LOL

I don't need a detector from some offshore company that has a limited lifespan.......

That Eagle Spectrum was one of my favorite White's units. Very easy to adjust and you could get some great depth with it.

• Like 2

Maybe the best techs from White's can join forces with the best techs from Tesoro to create something truly awesome! Opportunity is knocking there if someone can take the reins and run with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cudamark said:

Maybe the best techs from White's can join forces with the best techs from Tesoro to create something truly awesome! Opportunity is knocking there if someone can take the reins and run with it.

That would be awesome 

Things are not any better on the top secret Official White’s Forum. I joined just to see if the was anything official there, but other than the same thing being said a month ago, nothing since.

I’m guessing they are trying to negotiate something, hoping for good news they can tell people, and it’s just dragging out.

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think they've be surprised how positive people take things if the truth about the situation is given, communication is so important for a business and customers can be very forgiving if they're told the truth and communicated to very well.

If they came out and said they were struggling as sales were slow who knows how many people would come out of the wood work and buy that detector, coil or pinpointer they'd been thinking of buying for a long time and never got around to it.   I'm sure a lot of people would have wanted to help them, instead they just stay silent.

That's very true, I was thinking of buying the 24k but the cloak and dagger behaviour is still their number one priority, just like 4 years ago protecting their own image/backside is far more important than that of the brand and the Jobs of the lower ranks,

Alas It's too late to waste money on Whites when there are too many good companies out there who do listen like Nokta/Makro, Fisher and Minelab and XP,

I hope Garrett are taking note or they will be the next company who bite the dust.

On 7/18/2020 at 12:01 PM, cudamark said:

Jack Gifford is dead, and all the White's engineers are gone.

• Like 2