Important Announcement From White's Electronics

3 hours ago, Rob in (ca) said:

Bottom line......... Equinox at a very affordable price point with high performance plus a very high customer satisfaction Rate. 

Turned The Whites MXT / MX Sport / V3I Line into overpriced boat anchors

Whites only had two choices ...... start selling V3I’s for $899 MX Sports $499 or close the doors and shut the lights off. 

I was looking forward to the new V3I in the MX Sport housing ......hope Whites makes a fast U Turn ...... All There employees are back on there feet  in a short time. 

So what other detectors do you own ?

2 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

So what other detectors do you own ?

I’ve owned the MXT Pro / sport / V3i ..... all Three are very great detectors ...found lots of Jewelry with all  Three ......the AT Pro came out & dominated the industry  ....then came the Nox  

Everyone Today is after light weight,  high performance, affordable (do it all) Detectors. 

11 minutes ago, Rob in (ca) said:

I’ve owned the MXT Pro / sport / V3i ..... all Three are very great detectors ...found lots of Jewelry with all  Three ......the AT Pro came out & dominated the industry  ....then came the Nox  

Everyone Today is after light weight,  high performance, affordable (do it all) Detectors. 

Actually, I would take a light weight, powerful PI with iron rejection/iron id...that is not targeted solely to beach jewelry detection.  (Hint...hint TO FT/ML/Garrett/Nokta)  IOW - I'm not asking it to do it all.  :smile:

5 minutes ago, Rob in (ca) said:

I don't like the newer plastic detectors I prefer the heavier black box Whites machines because they are made of steel, The MXT is a Gold magnet and has found more Gold than any other VLF to date,  A lot of these newer machines are making some good finds and coils nower days seem to be more sensitive than what a lot of companies have produced in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auminesweeper said:

I don't like the newer plastic detectors I prefer the heavier black box Whites machines because they are made of steel, The MXT is a Gold magnet and has found more Gold than any other VLF to date,  A lot of these newer machines are making some good finds and coils nower days seem to be more sensitive than what a lot of companies have produced in the past.

Actually they are made of aluminum, and I’d love to see proof for your assertion that the MXT has found more gold than any other VLF. I very much doubt that claim, since the MXT was never that popular as a prospecting detector compared to many other models worldwide. There are numerous machines that can make a better claim than the MXT for found gold. T2, Eureka Gold, Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2, probably even the GMT, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Actually they are made of aluminum, and I’d love to see proof for your assertion that the MXT has found more gold than any other VLF. I very much doubt that claim, since the MXT was never that popular as a prospecting detector compared to many other models worldwide. There are numerous machines that can make a better claim than the MXT for found gold. T2, Eureka Gold, Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2, probably even the GMT, etc.

Steel or Alloy, it's a metal Box, I have never scrapped the powered coating off of mine to seen what metal they used,

I remember you finding a lot of gold with yours, in fact your biggest nugget to date was found with the MXT and there were many reviews and pictures on the Whites web site showing quite a few people there finding multiple ounces of Gold 18"+ deep and more, And as you once posted the MXT has found hundreds of ounces of gold at Ganes Creek alone. You also posted that one prospector alone had found over 100 ounces of gold using his MXT..

And the eureka gold was always a bit lacking when it came to depth and seemed better suited to it's 20khz setting and many people liked the eureka but it was never known as a solid performer where as the GMT and the MXT with their superior tracking system seemed to produce the result on a more regular basis,

As for the T2 it's is a good machine but appears to be a watered down version of the F-75, And although some like the Gold bug Pro I never have liked them, I have tried them I just don't like them.

Having read your stories of you using the Infinium  and the MXT at Ganes and the GP3000 and the MXT At Fortymile etc You found a lot of Gold with your MXT and you were very impressed how well it worked for you, and to date I have seen more Gold found by you using your MXT in one Post than I have seen in every post I have read involving the T2 and the Eureka Gold, Including my own small successes with the MXT,

Over the past 18 years Whites sold 10's of thousands of MXT's and I have known people to find Gold with them from the US to Australia, It might be considered as heavy at 4.3/4.7 lbs but I think it is double standards when people complain about the weight of the MXT yet they never complain about the weight of their GPX5000 @ 5.3 lbs + the 1.72 lbs for the battery grossing out at over 7.02 lbs when fitted with the smaller 11" coil, It seem that all the detectors of the past that can find gold seem to be a little over weight including the SDC and the GPZ/GPX and I think it is a small price to pay when the rewards can be many.

• Like 1

I get you love the MXT and don't like other machines John, but your likes and dislikes have little to do with the reality of the metal detecting retail world, which I know far more about than you do.

I never said the MXT was not a good machine and did not find a lot of gold. Yes, I did very well with mine, and it was one of my favorite detectors. I did more to popularize and sell that detector as a nugget hunting machine due to our success with it in Alaska than just about anybody, so I'm pretty well positioned to know what I'm talking about. You are however trying to inflate the MXT into something it is not, which is the worlds most productive VLF nugget detector. You have minimal knowledge of what has sold around the world and been used successfully. The Eureka Gold was impossible to get for near on a year there were so many being shipped overseas. Much of it was fueled by a gold rush in Mongolia. Every dealer, including myself, could not get any for months as the entire supply chain was drained dry. The T2 and Gold Bug Pro sold in huge volumes in Africa. White's on the other hand fumbled most of it's overseas efforts and so never sold near the volume of machines, and as a result they also were not out in the field making the huge numbers of finds made by other machines.

I'm not trying to take a piss on your beloved MXT, but times change and the world goes on, and the fact is the technology has moved beyond the MXT. Is it still a good machine and can people still do well with it? Of course. Yet the reality whether you like it or not is people like a pod on a stick more than a large metal box, and you can tell them all day long how they are wrong in their thinking, but it changes nothing. Holding onto that mindset is what put White's where it is now. 

And FYI - myself and others have been complaining about the size and weight of Minelab PI detectors for years. We all want more power in more ergonomic packages and at lower prices, regardless of who makes them. There is no double standard. Poor ergonomics suck.

• Like 4

I like what the MXT can do but like everyone else when it comes to detectors I am looking for the magic bullet and as of yet I have not found anything they ticks all the boxes, and the closest thing I have seen is one of the last models of the F-75,  I was impressed with one of the Nokta's but there was one small niggly thing that put me off of it,

I like the MXT but that's as far as it goes I am sure I would be happy with one of Fisher's offerings, I like the info the F-75 gives a person and the F-5 is a great little machine to keep in the boot/Trunk, Of coarse there are better machines out there than the MXT but it's more of a case of matching the machine to the task at hand.

When it comes to depth of a machine, If I want more depth I change coils where as in the past I have wasted a lot of money jumping from machine to machine due to economic dealers I have about 8 coils ranging from the 4x6 right up to the 15" concentric, One thing I really don't like about many newer machines is the digital signal bleeps they just sound harsh on the ears, and some will only run the tracking in certain modes and vice versa in stead of having all options in all modes and I don't like pre set tracking modes either and as old as the MXT is the only thing missing is Manual GB and a Volume control, People have been asking Whites for those features for years but it never happened and other brands made it happen,  Whites fitted that voltage booster on the 24k They could of fitted these three things to a new light weight MXT Mk 4 but that never happened either,

I am not stuck in a rut over the MXT I am just trying to find a good replacement.

• Like 2