Important Announcement From White's Electronics

I'm sure you are correct,

My suggestions are to bring in at least enough income to survive Via service and accessories and minor products while pursuing new technologies,  I for one have worked for big corporations and as you may already know it is OFTEN hard to get Non Engineers in Management  to take the time To Tinker With TRULY New Ideas, and corporate structures often feed into that by basing Management compensations like bonuses on Short Term Profits, so they resist investing in the future because it hits their bonuses Now,  but one or two out of the box thinking Engineers can make a company if not a whole new industry.!

Frankly I am not seeing but a very few if any product from Anyone that is Truly New Technology.

Engineers Need Free Rein as much as possible to tinker with that Crazy out of the box idea that pops into their head.!!

I am a self taught engineer myself, but know I lack training that would be helpful and am now too old to pursue, but that gives me perspective Outside The Box of A True Engineer, and my guess is a True Engineer that has been forced to work in a box would Love a chance to escape and truly create instead of working on Value Engineering while Bored To Death.!

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

Maybe Whites will have a Kodak  miracle like what happened today in my city of   Rochester.A good  thing for  our country.

Well, White's did have a reputation for on-premises pharmaceuticals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

BTW,

For those who don't know --

Value Engineering is the term often used for Making Something Cheaper, which is fine, But it rarely means Better, and if the original design was good it often results in ruining a good product to cut costs.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, Geotech said:

Jack Gifford is dead, and all the White's engineers are gone.

I was gonna say that too Karl....ever since Jack passed away, Tesoro had no Engineers....main reason why they went bust. No innovation= no sales.

I suspect they were just selling out what was in the warehouse.

I went over to White's today for a last-second repair of my V3. Todd (who has run the Service Dept for many years) has struck a deal with the White's to run a repair center from his home for at least another 2 years and he will be reimbursed for all warranty repairs. So warranty repairs are fully covered for at least 2 more years.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Geotech said:

I suspect they were just selling out what was in the warehouse.

I went over to White's today for a last-second repair of my V3. Todd (who has run the Service Dept for many years) has struck a deal with the White's to run a repair center from his home for at least another 2 years and he will be reimbursed for all warranty repairs. So warranty repairs are fully covered for at least 2 more years.

That is great news.  Typically the warranty on a device is 2 years after purchase correct?

That's good news!

I'm happy for White's owners to be able to get repairs!!

My concern is, god forbid; what if something happens to Todd? Is there an alternative repair spot or person's??  👍👍