Important Announcement From White's Electronics

That brings up a good question!

And your one of the people, to give it a go Simon! Being the former electronics guy!     (anybody can chime in also!)

Are the parts generic, and just the software proprietary? Or are there propietary parts too? 

** Forgive my limited knowledge of the inner workings of detectors!!

Todd's in his 40's (I guess) so he should be around for a while. There is also Centerville Electronics but, for now, I think they are not doing warranty work. Todd will have a pretty big haul of parts to work with but, yes, when a part is gone it's gone. The ones to worry about are plastic housings, coils, and PC boards. Of course, if there is a buyer for White's then those might continue.

Joe, the software and all the injection-molded plastic are proprietary. The electronics are made with generic parts, but the PCBs have to be manufactured and probably Todd would not have the resources to do that if he ran out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Great news about Todd on two counts.

it's great that service will be available and it's good that Todd still is doing it - he is an extremely competent guy and very helpful one as well.

It will be interesting if he will be able to provide out of warranty repairs as well.

• Like 2

Does anybody have some news about the future of White's? I can't find any information in the internet or from the dealers  etc.

My White's GMT is still with me on every trip to complement the GPZ (in shallow creeks). I still trust my White's GMT the most 🙂 and I often use it in cramped places in the creek. I'm thinking about buying a second one as spare, if White's really closes...

9 hours ago, And said:

Does anybody have some news about the future of White's? I can't find any information in the internet or from the dealers  etc.

Well, the fact they are setting a guy up to handle warranty work the next couple years pretty much says they are done. No reason to do that were the company to pick up and go on as before. Dealers are liquidating stock. Just like Tesoro there may end up being no news at all. The factory is shut down, there are a couple places where you can get service for now.... game over.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, the fact they are setting a guy up to handle warranty work the next couple years pretty much says they are done. No reason to do that were the company to pick up and go on as before. Dealers are liquidating stock. Just like Tesoro there may end up being no news at all. The factory is shut down, there are a couple places where you can get service for now.... game over.

OK. Thanks for the clear words. Sad but true...

Carl, do you know if Todd or Centerville can do the upgrade from a V3 to a V3i?

Thanks,

Mike

On 8/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm with Steve and think it's time to say good bye.

Thank you White's for your outstanding service, for your kindness and for all your help you gave your customers. Thank you for all the fine detectors and with that thanks for the haul of nice and valuable finds. It makes me sad to see this company go. Wishing all the best to all involved people for there future. Live long and prosper, stay safe and healthy.

01_2 - RIP Whites_640.jpg

• Sad 2