Important Announcement From White's Electronics

The upgrades I had in mind are not generally software, and would give reasons to stay with the brand until the new models keep them.

And the price of Robotics has come WAY down so production could greatly improve with low investment.

As for no politics on the site, those were Facts regarding the politics of manufacturing , not politics for politics.

SO, I guess No One has Contacts that have funds and like a Good Noble Challenge.?

1 hour ago, Knomad said:

The upgrades I had in mind are not generally software, and would give reasons to stay with the brand until the new models keep them.

And the price of Robotics has come WAY down so production could greatly improve with low investment.

As for no politics on the site, those were Facts regarding the politics of manufacturing , not politics for politics.

SO, I guess No One has Contacts that have funds and like a Good Noble Challenge.?

Oh for gosh sakes, you are just a nameless person with seven posts on the forum. This is your idea on how to go about raising money as a serious business proposition... issuing silly challenges? Yeah, I have the contacts and could raise the money, but luckily I‘ve also got some sense. Enough to know you don’t tell the guy running the forum what the ground rules are. And certainly enough to run that show myself if I thought it worth the money and effort, which I do not. If I did want a partner, I’d be seeking one with the resources to put their own skin in the game. Offering to use other people’s money is no offer at all where I come from.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I really like watching these factory tour videos and that's the primary reason for my post, good viewing 🙂

👏that's a quality post there.  Thanks for sharing the videos.  They really highlights the gulf between the manufacturing facilities. 

15 hours ago, Knomad said:

Here’s a noble challenge for you.  Perhaps these guys can use an intrepid idea guy such as yourself...

28 minutes ago, havingstl said:

👏that's a quality post there.  Thanks for sharing the videos.  They really highlights the gulf between the manufacturing facilities. 

Too bad the First Texas Factory Tour  is offline. Their new facility is really impressive. You see stuff like that, or the XP or Minelab facilities, and reality sinks in about the Sweet Home facility.

Seeing that video of Whites really brings home what a tiny company they actually were. Makes their accomplishments even more impressive, too.

Jim

• Like 1

Surely one of the many Minelab technicians at their computers would have been busted playing Call of Duty.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Knomad said:

Knomad, you have a pretty simplistic view of what it would take revive White's. Automating some of the production will do nothing to make them more competitive; actually, even with some pretty run-down facilities and lack of cutting edge production methods White's could hold its own against the competition, at least where production costs and product quality were concerned.

What White's failed to grasp is the importance of engineering. There was a long history of chasing talent out the door which resulted in a discontinuity of critical information. If you were to buy White's today, where would you get any engineers to design new products? They're all long gone, and you can't just go out and hire experienced metal detector engineers. I used to tell the White's it takes 2-3 years for a new engineer to get up to speed on the nuances of metal detector design, especially anything high-end. They didn't listen.

The best hope for White's is what happened to Fisher... some existing detector company buys the name and the designs, and continues a few of the better models under the White's brand. Anything else makes no sense.

• Like 6