Important Announcement From White's Electronics

I actually had expected (hoped?) that once they got the MX Sport right that they would soon be moving some of their other machines into that same chassis.  I would rather have had the TDI in that form with multiple coils than them just modifying their Beach machine.

I loved the Treasuremaster.  It had what I considered to be features you’d find in a more expensive unit for only $299.

I suppose I can understand the Weatherproof versus Waterproof idea saving the customer $100 if he wasn’t going to submerge it.

They could not seem to get away from the black metal boxes.  They purposely kept the MXT Pro and GMT around for those who prefer knobs and switches.

I really hope someone buys the company whole and decides to build upon the good technology that’s there.  I really believe the right team could surely turn Whites around and make it great again.

A machine I really wanted from Whites... DFX running at 48 kHz able to use GMT coils. The ability to run at a separate lower frequency would be nice, but not really needed. What I wanted was the full range SignaGraph tied to 48 kHz operation, with both raw and normalized VDI options. The SignaGraph is a true visual display breakthrough that went underutilized by White’s. I prefer it to the Minelab versions in some ways and having a nugget detector with all the tuning and discrimination options of the DFX would have been something, especially if paired up with MXT ground balancing. The V3i at 22 kHz is close though, so I’ll have to be happy with that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

A machine I really wanted from Whites... DFX running at 48 kHz able to use GMT coils. The ability to run at a separate lower frequency would be nice, but not really needed. What I wanted was the full range SignaGraph tied to 48 kHz operation, with both raw and normalized VDI options. The SignaGraph is a true visual display breakthrough that went underutilized by White’s. I prefer it to the Minelab versions in some ways and having a nugget detector with all the tuning and discrimination options of the DFX would have been something, especially if paired up with MXT ground balancing. The V3i at 22 kHz is close though, so I’ll have to be happy with that.

when do you like raw and when do you like normalized vdi options.?

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

During my tenure I defined a new 2-frequency product that would be hi/lo switchable. The low was 6+18 kHz and the high was 18+54kHz. When I left the engineer designing it seemed to have it working pretty well (on the bench) and the SignaGraph was especially impressive. Sometime later he also left the company and the product was obviously never released. I've never heard what happened with it.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

White destroyed them selves 4 years ago, They produced a Lemon and made fake videos and lied and then skirted around the issues and it was one problem after another and still they would not react for nearly a month and then they refused to do a Re-Call, People had to send back their machines 4, 5, and 6 times until they had to stop production in order to fix all the machines with problems as a form of a Re-Call and still they would not put their hands up and except the blame, As a devoted Whites User this was so embarrassing and had the same Cringe value as walking in the bathroom while ya 90 year old Grand Ma is taking a bath,

I got lied to by them on the forums and I was lied to via emails and via PM's and I received abusive messages and such from some of the Whites Cronies from their forum because of what I posted here and those messages could not be posted here,  some of their lies cost me a couple of thousand Dollars, Yes it's sad that Whites is closing down but the consolation is those people who lied to me and sent me abusive messages will no longer have a job in the detecting industry, Paybacks A ***** LOL

My heart goes out to all the factory workers who did their best to give us some of the best Detectors in history and I will always shake their hand with a certain amount of pride,

J.

• Oh my! 1

That’s an incredibly dramatic narrative you have going there John. I am concerned you may be getting too emotionally invested in all this. It’s just metal detecting, not life support equipment. Yeah, White’s made some mistakes, but with every telling over the last couple years you take the same story and ramp it up a couple notches. Now it is reaching near epic proportions. Maybe it is time to step back and take a chill pill if something about metal detecting is having that much negative effect on you.

On  another note, it’s been a month now, and except for the email to dealers, I know of no official public announcement or explanation being offered to White’s customers. Nothing on their website. Nothing on the official White’s forum. No email. This was a leaked dealer email so not really intended for the public. But other than that, has anyone seen or heard anything? I’m not talking second hand stuff, but some public announcement. Because so far it looks like a Tesoro move.... just shut down and never say anything directly to the customer base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

During my tenure I defined a new 2-frequency product that would be hi/lo switchable. The low was 6+18 kHz and the high was 18+54kHz. When I left the engineer designing it seemed to have it working pretty well (on the bench) and the SignaGraph was especially impressive. Sometime later he also left the company and the product was obviously never released. I've never heard what happened with it.

•  

I want one, please. 

HH
Mike

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But other than that, has anyone seen or heard anything?

They have several interested potential buyers. A portfolio of assets is being created for the interested parties to review and see where to go from there. Can't say much more than that for now.

• Like 5