GPZ 7000 Software Update - Official Release Information

If for some reason you have concerns you can also roll back to the original software version. Both versions are at http://www.minelab.com/asia/products/gold-detectors/gpz-7000?view=downloads

This is very important. Whatever technology you are upgrading (computer, metal detector, smartphone, etc) ALWAYS make sure you have a backup of the data/original system before you install the new one.

Tortuga's advise "Rules" for Mac-users, it was too simple (drag'n drop).  I guess I just fail to trust PC related material on a mac.

The drive appears as a Minelab HD, everything else is easy-greasy much as Tortuga and the instructions said.

Now, if we could get the Xchange2 to run on a Mac - I'd shut up and get back to detecting.  Has anyone tried using Xchange2 software with "Boot Camp" to run it on the Macs?

Thanks again Tortuga!

(I'm still retraining my 1-month-old replacement knee to walk again, but hope to hit AZ and NCal next month (if I can only kneel down). :wub:)

• Like 2

Lunk, I dont think you need to log in unless your using the mapping feature. I didn't. Just plug the USB in and go from there.

Thanks Wes, I successfully completed the update. Minelabs' instructions of logging into XChange 2 as the first step on their update brochure should instead read: "1. Open XChange 2 and connect the GPZ 7000 to a computer via USB".

If for some reason you have concerns you can also roll back to the original software version. Both versions are at http://www.minelab.com/asia/products/gold-detectors/gpz-7000?view=downloads

good find, thanks Steve

Anyone had the new update out and on the ground yet? I can't get into the field for a while yet to try it out but I'm very curious if it's stopped some of the hehawing on salt, takes care of clay lenses better, runs smoother over rough ground, etc...? Or any noticable change in stability? I read on the Aussie forums that people are reporting being able to bump their thresholds up now.

Any reports?