GPZ 7000 Software Update - Official Release Information

I tried mine out in the CA motherload, and couldn't tell any noticable difference either.

thats 40% disappointing... at least the software update is easy to install, so this is a good start. 

Hmm, oh well. I was getting excited reading the reports about stability increasing.

Good to know ML is doing updates though, bringing detectors into the modern age, opens up the door for interesting updates in the future like new timings and whatnot that could be real interesting.

• Like 1

I also dont notice any difference ground balancing with, or without the ferrite ring.

Maybe it is catered to certain ground types?

That has been my experience with the ferrite ring also. My theory has been this is all about issues more common in locations in Australia than in the U.S.

• Like 1

i don't really understand why minelab would keep the ferrite as a part of the ground balance procedure when it would make more sense to me if they just tweaked the software to ignore that ferrite mineral in the first place. again in my ignorance and if it can be explained in simple terms, what is the advantage in using the ferrite all the time and letting the GB software exclude that combination of minerals vs just writing it out by programing, because it seems the end result is the same and it would be simpler not to deal with the ring all the time.

Excellent question I have wondered about myself. The GPZ is new technology and no doubt more complicated than I appreciate. I am pretty sure if it was easy we would not even be talking about it. Truth is I have no idea I just go out and put the hours on the machine. My own GPZ is running just fine for me. All I could seriously wish for was for it to weigh less. A long day swinging that thing is a workout.

That has been my experience with the ferrite ring also. My theory has been this is all about issues more common in locations in Australia than in the U.S.

There are already great reports coming in from WA on some of the forums over here how much better the 7000 is once updated.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t22605p30-gpz7000-up-date