GPZ 7000 Software Update - Official Release Information

I do not know the inner workings of the tracking system. Just my opinion but I always want to use the minimum ground balance needed to get the job done. Ground balance is just ground discrimination. Eliminating a ground signal carries with it the risk of eliminating a gold signal that looks similar to the detector. Needlessly eliminating responses that the actual ground does not produce would in my opinion be counterproductive.

This is exactly how I feel. When I  dig hot rocks or those patches of old burnt roots at rye patch I know my detector is running HOT. Thats how I like it.

Settings

General

Normal

Fixed tracking

Low smoothing

Gain 11-15 depending on noise.

I dont find the tiny tiny shallow stuff like high yield does. But i find those deep deep 1 grammars no problem.

• Like 2

Just my take on the 7000s GB, have found unless you leave it in auto retrieving a largish target it will retain its tracking for current ground. Just don`t wave it over a large signal in auto GB or you`ll knock it out of whack. (as any detector) or start it up near your vehicle. As I`ve said before I don`t find it necessary to use the quick track button much at all. But the country I hunt in has very few ferrous objects and that may be why I do not find it necessary to quick track. I believe too much "halabaloo" has been made over GBing the 7000, thus introducing a lot of confusion, it is the easiest of gold detectors I`ve used straight out of its box, I have just finished a magic first season with it. My humble take of cos.

Since my first post on the software upgrade, further field work (digging up nuggets) has convinced me beyond doubt the upgrade is not a "dumbing down" to make it more stable, it is a positive upgrade that does precisely what ML states it does. It just makes those signals come in more clearly.

• Like 4