White’s Electronics Done After 70 Years

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And let’s have that be an end to the personal commentary between forum members about forum members. We discuss detectors and detecting here, not each other. Thanks. 

Here, here!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Geotech said:

The TRX will typically detect under 1 grain, usually down to about 1/2 grain and gets coins at 3-4 inches. The Bullseye II is good down to 1 or 2 grains and coins to 1" or so. You may get lucky and find a Bullseye that will hit under a grain, or unlucky and find a TRX that will not.

On interference, luck also plays a vital role. Any model pinpointer is capable of interfering with any model detector. All detectors and pinpointers run at a frequency that has manufacturing variance, and it's the variance that makes one TRX interfere with one MXT, but not another. I specifically recall testing the TRX with several MXTs and saw no interference, but I knew then as now that wasn't a guaranteed outcome for everyone.

In an Ideal world that would be an impressive achievement but sadly does not match the results,

And another bad combination is the TDI/TDI SL and the Bullseye II, with the detector on the ground at a normal distance from where you happen to be down on ya knees digging a hole the Bullseye II cross talks like crazy and makes the TDI SL go nuts,

It is impossible for 2 radio frequencies that match or almost match not to suffer some form of interference when in close proximity  to each other, As you know the MXT operates at 13.889khz and the TRX operates at 14khz or what ever the exact frequency is, The MXT and the Bullseye II is a better combo to pair up.

I have never had any problems with my pinpointer in all the years that i have owned my DFX which is certainly over 16 years of crosstalking with the detector,but thats the big plus of using the DX-1 inline probe.Without doubt that best pinpointer that i have ever used.Only down side is that its tethered to just that one machine or a MXT or M6.

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Does that receipt say 1985? I was an 8 year old 🙂

Glad to see you back geof! 👍

My youngest son was 13 years old back then, he had no problems using it back then. Yes it says 1985 Apr 19 The goldmaster was so good that I did not go over to Minelab until the GP 3000 was released.

Operating frequency of the White's TRX pin pointer is 12 kHz.....not 14 kHz.   It is excellent on small gold.   One of my favorite pin pointers.   It should not be allowed to die out.

It will cross talk with 12 kHz detectors like my Tesoro  Golden Sabre II.    Not so much with my 12 kHz Tesoro Compadre.   I don't have any trouble with TRX driven interference with any of my other detectors.  

HH
Mike

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

Operating frequency of the White's TRX pin pointer is 12 kHz.....not 14 kHz.   It is excellent on small gold.   One of my favorite pin pointers.   It should not be allowed to die out.

It will cross talk with 12 kHz detectors like my Tesoro  Golden Sabre II.    Not so much with my 12 kHz Tesoro Compadre.   I don't have any trouble with TRX driven interference with any of my other detectors.  

HH
Mike

When I had issues with mine the store said it ran at 14khz So maybe mine had a fault. That's good to know thanks for that,

My TRX's interfere a bit with my VLF detectors if i lay the detector to close while i dig . It's no big problem though . The machine that hates the TRX in my experience is the Surf P.I. , Sends mine bonkers up to a Metre away !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hunterjunk said:

My TRX's interfere a bit with my VLF detectors if i lay the detector to close while i dig . It's no big problem though . The machine that hates the TRX in my experience is the Surf P.I. , Sends mine bonkers up to a Metre away !

Yeah my TDI SL goes Ape when it gets within a metre from the Bullseyye II

• Like 1