White’s Electronics Done After 70 Years

Who will service the old units?  Can anyone make a business model to keep them alive and make money?

46 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Who will service the old units?  Can anyone make a business model to keep them alive and make money?

The factory said these folks will do the repairs. I have a GMT that I sent to the factory for repair and it arrived there the same day they sent the email to the dealers saying they were closing. I called and they said they would work about two weeks at the factory then send repairs to these folks.

Centreville Electronics
9437 Main Street
Manassas, VA 20110
(888) 645-0202
(703) 367-7999
Fax: (703) 367-0868
bobnpaul@centrevilleelectronics.net
www.centrevilleelectronics.net
  • Like 1

I think it needs to be said.... INNOVATE OR PERISH. I would've thought that Tesoro going under was a perfect wake-up call to the whole industry (especially in the US). The 24K was the only Whites product Ive been excited about for over a decade. Lets face it, Minelab, Nokta/Makro and XP have the Lions share of the coin/treasure/beach/relic market sewn up worldwide with only a decent percentage of 'loyal' US users continuing with American made products. The rest of the world looks at US detectors and says....'meh'. 

Ask yourselves, when and what were the last US made detectors that actually got you excited? Even the Impulse AQ is a Euro design. Garrett and FTP need to inject some serious $$ into new innovation and design now, or head the same way as Tesoro and now Whites. 

The price of v3 in China is as high as $2300. And Chinese users just want the White’s company to provide Chinese software. White’s refused. You know that 3030 provided a Chinese interface as early as 2012. And they only sell for $2,000.

• Like 1

When the V3 was released the China hobby market was almost zero. I think it is still almost zero as metal detecting in China (as I recall) is illegal.

• Thanks 1