Fisher Impulse AQ Ltd Buoyancy & Stability

Joe... Couldn't quite see your hand, but is the control pod slightly buoyant too so if you let completely go, will the whole AQ float?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Very True, I did this little test cause I figured some would someday ask...Slightly Buoyant..Perfect report

Hi Joe,

How stable is the AQ once submerged in salt water? Do you really need back off on the sensitivity and timing? 

Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beach Pirate said:

Hi Joe,

How stable is the AQ once submerged in salt water? Do you really need back off on the sensitivity and timing? 

Thanks for sharing 

Calm water I can run it Hot, if the coil stays in the the water it is silent. Now in rough water I started at 8.5 with the factory suggested setting ..........it was almost fine..just a little swish at the end of the swing now and then... but I did settle at 11 then went to 11.5 when the water got really bad.. I will be doing more time in rough water soon....So I will make sure to take more video....One thing, my excalibur has the swishing false when the water is rough also. But I run it Hot all the time..sens almost full...in all metal''

One must take in account my water is not 100% saltwater.. My water is Brackish and last time I checked the salinity was 30 in my area.....Saltwater range is 32 to 50 I think... 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, okara gold said:

Joe... Couldn't quite see your hand, but is the control pod slightly buoyant too so if you let completely go, will the whole AQ float?

Thanks!

Barely ..it kind of just hangs where you leave it..Nothing like the DF where you had to hold the coil down. I'll be out more next week, winds won't be as bad. I'll give it another try..

14 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Barely ..it kind of just hangs where you leave it..Nothing like the DF where you had to hold the coil down. I'll be out more next week, winds won't be as bad. I'll give it another try..

Thanks Joe. That’s good to hear because some machines drop like a rock when released.  

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 5:48 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Very True, I did this little test cause I figured some would someday ask...Slightly Buoyant..Perfect report

U R a brave man for dunking that!  I might have waited a few weeks! 

1 hour ago, midalake said:

U R a brave man for dunking that!  I might have waited a few weeks! 

I used it at a few calm water beach's first..just to see the outcome. All has went very well...So I headed to bay front. 

• Like 3