Robin Asked About Testing More Gold.... Two AQ Video's On Gold Rings

Waohh, this results are very impressive, especially for the 1 gram ring !

For Comparison :

AQ : 1,35g (10k gold) -> 18" (45 cm)

TDI : 2,9g (14k gold) -> 15" (38 cm) and "only" 12" (30 cm) without the battery mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Robin Asked About Testing More Gold.... Two AQ Video's On Gold Rings
On 6/21/2020 at 4:38 PM, JohnnyRox said:

Great videos as usual OBN.

Say you have 4 identical rings but made in 10K, 14K, 18K and 22K. 

Which one will a detector pick up the furthest?  

Thank You!

From what I have heard from Alex Tartar all would be the same. Let me quote him on this..."The most important thing is the diameter of the ring, not the weight" ..Identical rings in AM ..........I would say it hits all very close to the same,... if not the same. 

In the reject modes I would say there would be differences but almost impossible to test since finding identical rings of the same would be hard to find unless you had a mold and made them...I'll be testing a 14k 6gram and 22k 5 gram gold rings this week..depth test......then in the disc modes to see if we loose much on these. keep a watch for those video's.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I'll be testing a 14k 6gram and 22k 5 gram gold rings this week..depth test......then in the disc modes to see if we loose much on these. keep a watch for those video's.....

Hi Joe

Don't know if it just me or the cost of gold these days. I am seeing  8K,9,10 even a few 12K rings.  Seeing a few hits on theses 8-10K rings in a vid would be nice.  

Thanks Dave

• Like 1

Since US gold coins are about 90% pure gold (about 22K) I am looking forward to your test of the 22K gold ring. There are a couple of sites that I would like to take the Impulse AQ to that I believe could produce a deep gold coin..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, midalake said:

Hi Joe

Don't know if it just me or the cost of gold these days. I am seeing  8K,9,10 even a few 12K rings.  Seeing a few hits on theses 8-10K rings in a vid would be nice.  

Thanks Dave

Added a 10k 4 gram band..to the 22k 5 gram...and the 14k 6 gram

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:05 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thank You!

From what I have heard from Alex Tartar all would be the same. Let me quote him on this..."The most important thing is the diameter of the ring, not the weight" ..Identical rings in AM ..........I would say it hits all very close to the same,... if not the same. 

In the reject modes I would say there would be differences but almost impossible to test since finding identical rings of the same would be hard to find unless you had a mold and made them...I'll be testing a 14k 6gram and 22k 5 gram gold rings this week..depth test......then in the disc modes to see if we loose much on these. keep a watch for those video's.....

Thanks and keep up the good work!  We appreciate it!

• Like 1