1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Never should have been a cable. Not like it’s not been done correctly already, MX Sport and MDT 8000 for example. So working examples already exist. A head scratcher.
Β 

Steve...maybe due to the limited run to get it out there...they saved a boatload on "tooling" and probably sourced these parts as best they could....honestly a hip mount for the battery pack will prob be the best way to go for wet sand use....one cable out the back...tie it down in a loop to eliminate stress then there's one long cable to the battery/phones system....used my excal that way for years...

• Like 2

Β  Β  I'm of the opinion it came with a hairline crack, and just finished off with normal handling! No fault on either end really! Bad for you today, but goodΒ info for the other 99 Limited buyers tomorrow! We knew the Limited would have a delicate rear end! But wow!Β  Good news is, no one with an AQ is probably going to beat you to your intended spot!πŸ’πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 2

To be honest who would take spare parts Β at the 2nd session not me..............

Β 

RR

• Like 3

I'm just hoping that there can be some form of factory update to the connector. I know it can't be converted to the next design, but I'm hoping some modification can be made so we are not buying power cords one after another. On a coincidence note, I used the GPX on a project hunt today and the power cord failed. It was making weird noises like it was turned on (partially) when it was off. Lucky I had a new cable in the car.

Β 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the problems Steve, and hope the factory gets the problem fixed for you.

They should send you a couple of the connectors for free and a little extra for the headaches.

Let us know what happens, and good luck on the fix.

• Thanks 1

Nice to know you have Rick as a Go Between!Β  That's going to be a big plus in all the little problems we will all have down the road.Β  Β Good to hear the quick response from the company.Β  GaryC/Oregon CoastΒ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Cable or cables on the way, so be back in business soon.

Glad to hear that and hope it works out well for you.