I'd say there isn't anywhere near enough thickness of plastic on that. Very thin. They need a more robust connector IMHO.

Jim

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

This is interesting, beaches have opening hours? Do they fence them off? How is this policed, seems very odd to me.  Do parks have opening hours too or is it that they just don't want people swimming in the dark?

There are some State Parks here in Florida that I hunt that don't open until 8 AM. They are gated and are unlocked at the appropriate time. Unless..... You are a Disabled Veteran and you can get  a code for the lock months in advance which you can unlock at your convenience. Enter at your own time.

Each month the code is changed. You can also access these parks at any time if you can walk to them from elsewhere.

• Like 1

steve on the nw side of the pier at kings beach theres a iron  pipe running along the pier length

lots of good stuff there back in the day when i hunted there 🏄‍♂️ silver coins  & gold rings

good luck

• Thanks 1

To me it looks like the plastic material was brittle. From looking at how the cable connects it is sitting right out there and can easily be bumped or hit.  I really think they need to use a different type of plastic or reinforce it with some other material.  I would like to make a suggestion to you going forward. Try using temflex on that entire external connection point, wrap it around and encapsulate it. At the very least it will dampen any shocks and also add an extra layer or reinforcement so as not to put additional stress on the inner plastic piece.

Of course it could be as simple as you not knowing your own strength.. SUPER STEVE

Just thought of something else. Why not put some sort of boot or grommet like apparatus on that connection and exposed cable to cover it up? Hmm. I LOVE to Frankenstein things.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

This is interesting, beaches have opening hours? Do they fence them off? How is this policed, seems very odd to me.  Do parks have opening hours too or is it that they just don't want people swimming in the dark?

I can see Phrunt bringing bolt cutters or climbing over the fence wearing "maintenance" clothing. The fact he mentioned swimming in the dark is a sure sign he's done that before!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Phrunt,

Basically there are 'day parks' and they are open then and they prevent excess trouble and vandalism and night camping if they close the gates.  You have to go to a camping park with your caravan or tents and reserve the space sometimes months in advance.

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It would seem to me the plastic should be more pliable than it obviously is.

Can it be glued back to make it as a spare?

1 minute ago, mn90403 said:

Can it be glued back to make it as a spare?

No, this thing is tiny and dainty. I’d certainly not mess with trying something like that. Best to replace. I could maybe use it as a pigtail to create a splitter for the power and audio but not something I want to mess with at the moment.