At this point would an O ring work in there...... and some teflon tap on those threads?   Doesnt appear to be a standard M8 either.... or id just hack it off an use a 90 degree solder-less one.   I get all excited with a new machine and testing.......that must have been a downer for sure.   Im sure Fisher will have you up quickly.

• Like 1

Steve, I look forward to your hunt review in Lake Tahoe with the AQ to see if you find more after hunting with other detectors.

4 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

At this point would an O ring work in there...... and some teflon tap on those threads?   Doesnt appear to be a standard M8 either.... or id just hack it off an use a 90 degree solder-less one.   I get all excited with a new machine and testing.......that must have been a downer for sure.   Im sure Fisher will have you up quickly.

I already have the replacement. I’m not unduly worried over what I am pretty sure was just a fluke. Joe has had no issues. I feel as bad for everyone looking for AQ reports as anything else. I’ve got the machine and am confident in what it can do so for me it’s just getting the time to get out and do it. I don’t bother with weekends at public locations, and have been planning a desert outing for this week, so losing Friday means you guys hear less from me than you might have. But tomorrow is another day, and I will be up bright and early to give the beach another go tomorrow. Maybe again Tuesday... I’ve not yet decided whether to head out to the desert Tuesday or Wednesday. Main job will be trying Impulse and Tarsacci for gold nuggets on a patch of alkali ground out there where I have taken several ounces of gold. Been throughly GPS gridded with the GPZ 7000 but I’m not perfect and miss bits here and there. I’ll take a couple test nuggets also. The ground is modestly mineralized, some hot rocks that trouble the GPZ but they are sparse. But the GPZ really struggled with the alkali conditions and so both the Impulse and a Tarsacci actually have a decent shot at doing well in those conditions. There is actually gold in salt flat areas in Australia where beach detectors might be very effective. Anyway, just me doing weird stuff that few other people would try. I should have a better handle on Tarsacci vs Impulse in a week.

• Like 4

Life is not cooperating. I've had a messed up day. Drain from kitchen sink and dishwasher plugged hard, and in hard to get spot. Took me all day to get it unplugged just now. Yay! But I have a 2-3 page college paper due today and that put me under the gun. I was planning on Tahoe trip tomorrow before heading out to the desert for some nugget hunting. Decided to cancel trip to Tahoe now as I need the extra time to get ready for the desert trip. Or I may wait until Wednesday for desert trip and head to Tahoe Tuesday once I know I have all my ducks in a row.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2

26 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I feel as bad for everyone looking for AQ reports

Steve no stress buddy, when it happens it happen's. Once we get a few more of the "AQ"'s out there things will level out.  I've been chilling all week..tides and winds off...  I'm just glad to see, .the "AQ" is finally here.. And Progress is being made.

• Like 2

Yep, remember this was supposed to be a nice, relaxing, detecting session. We can all wait until it happens. I know for me, if I'm rushed or pressed to do a hunt, it usually ends up stressing me out and greatly affects the outcome. You are under no obligation to get this to us. We appreciate all the videos, pictures and exchange of information from everyone so far, and I'm envisioning this as a group effort. I still feel this is going to be a great adventure figuring this machine out.  The only stress we need to feel is butterflies in our stomach as the gold comes out of our old hunting grounds :laugh:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

But I have a 2-3 page college paper due today and that put me under the gun.

Yeh, but I recall you have a couple dogs.  Haven't you ever used that "dog ate my homework" excuse?  (Ask you wife how many times she's heard that!!)  Besides, they might actually believe it coming from a 60+ year old student.  😁

I hope we're not putting too much pressure on you.  Yes, you have one of the few Fisher Impulse AQ's in detectorist's hands right now and you are the kind of person who strongly accepts and respects the responsibility you've been given.  (That responsibility is self-imposed, but again, that's because of the kind of person you are.)  If it takes a few extra days or even a few extra weeks, we'll still be here, and I don't think anyone is going to be delayed in his/her purchases awaiting your reviews.  If they are, that is their choice and the onus is completely on them.

• Thanks 1

For Steve.........”with great power comes great responsibility” 😜

963B367C-8895-472D-B12C-3ECBFE2E1EC4.gif

• Haha 1