George Payne’s Masterpiece The Mark 1 Ltd

I put the batteries back in the old Mark 1 LTD, just to make a short demo video on this beautiful old machine. Hope ya like it!

https://forums.tarsaccisales.com/forum/7/george-paynes-masterpiece-mark-1-ltd

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing the video. I have followed Keith Southern over on Tom D.'s site and Keith has mentioned Mr. Paynes  original designs and units were quite remarkable in their performance. This all took place before my entry into the hobby so your video was very enjoyable to see.    

• Like 1

Thank you Sir, I appreciate it! 
Yes, Keith’s correct, Georges designs were quite advanced, and his machines are still being used today and quite collectible!

I had a factory hip mount version. Which I did mods to. Also used a Fisher 1280x straight shaft for the large coil.

Fun to use but, heavy. A silver coin killer when first introduced to the market.

mk1done1.jpg

TEKKY.4.JPG

TEKKY.3.JPG

PC040010.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice Sven! Now is that the Mark 1? I forgot the difference between the Mk 1 and the LTD other than the color....

Aaron

2 hours ago, Sven1 said:

TEKKY.4.JPG

That picture shows well just how huge these things were!

George Payne was a father of modern metal detecting, with many of his basic patents, now expired, used in nearly every detector on the market today.

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/george-c-payne

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/george-calvin-payne

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Very nice Sven! Now is that the Mark 1? I forgot the difference between the Mk 1 and the LTD other than the color....

Aaron

Yup a Mark 1.

LTD were the last version made when Tek and Bounty Hunter joined.

TKspringmedia.pdf TKmark1.pdf

• Like 2

Frank Sanders was in touch with George up until a couple years ago. Frank was going to have a Minie Mark 1 manufactured.

Lots of talk by Frank, nothing materialized and now he's vanished from the detecting scene. Nice Fantasy.

• Like 1

I love those old 80’s  Teknetics ads 👍😊

Just now, Sven1 said:

Frank Sanders was in touch with George up until a couple years ago. Frank was going to have a Minie Mark 1 manufactured.

Lots of talk by Frank, nothing materialized and now he's vanished from the detecting scene. Nice Fantasy.

I remember years ago on George’s forum he was actually talking about bring the Mark back again, I guess that’s what your talking about Sven.