Appreciate Comments/experience On Using 2 X Wm12's On The Z

Currently using an SP01 and matching twin Speakers, volume on the Z is 8 volume on Sp01 around 7.5 if not using the Sp01 Volume on the  Z is 11, with these settings and my hearing am not sure am getting the benefit of the Sp01, so as above would appreciate comments on twin WM12's ( Speakers are high on the Z Harness along with the WM12, the SP01 in the Z Harness backpack) 

Will look at setting up the SP01 and the Twin Speakers on Margaret's 2300 with a Transmitter/Receiver driving the Sp01.

Thanks

Peter

I have tried the dual WM12 and find they are always slightly out of sync with each other, only slightly but enough to annoy my hearing. Also I found one would drop packets while the other didn’t which drove me nuts, the reason is one unit is mounted across from the detector and your body blocks the signal at times causing the drop outs.

The SP booster is excellent with headphones but IMHO is not real good with speakers especially if your hearing is a little off, having to use the inbuilt volume control of the GPZ can help but the volume jumps are too coarse so things get gritty very quickly. 

Question: Are you using Audio Smoothing OFF?

To get more audio presence try using Sensitivity 9, Audio Smoothing OFF, Ground Balance Semi-Auto, Threshold 27, Volume 12 for WM12 speaker, 8 for B&Z with speakers or a bit higher with the SP. When lowering the Audio Smoothing filter (Noise floor is OFF) the overall volume of the detector increases as you open up the noise floor of the detector, I see a lot of people going the other way because they do not like too much feedback from the detector and then have to increase volume and sensitivity to compensate, which is kind of like robbing Peter to pay Paul (no pun intended)🤕.

Hope this helps

JP

• Like 2

Thanks JP

Re (try using Sensitivity 9, Audio Smoothing OFF, Ground Balance Semi-Auto, Threshold 27, Volume 12 for WM12 

My settings which I will change to yours above were :

Sensitivity 17, Audio Smoothing OFF, Ground Balance Semi-Auto, Threshold 22, Volume  8 for WM12  with SP01 at 7.5 ( I think if the volume on the Z goes to 12 for the WM12, the vol on the Sp01 could come down to 5 maybe)

Peter

• Like 1