Golden Mask Telescoping Shaft Rebuild

Hi Steve,

Just received my Neewer monopod.

Removed bottom theaded insert with a heat gun. Just enough heat to release the epoxy.

Filed and sanded coil knuckle to fit bottom tube. Epoxied into bottom tube.

What model of stl file did you use for control pod adapter for the 28mm tube?

One more question.  What armrest did you install?

Thanks, after 3.5 years detecting that factory shaft was getting pretty wobbly...

So I stupidly sold my equinox 600 in July but was having sellers remorse. So I have another on the way modestly used and with 11” and 6” coils. I ordered and just got the same monopole and it’s quite impressive. I intend to make the conversion as well. I like a challenging project, and thanks Steve, for the great idea. I might have a couple ideas of my own. 
This equinox is for keeps. 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, TripleT said:

What model of stl file did you use for control pod adapter for the 28mm tube?

One more question.  What armrest did you install?

The adapter was given to me to use on my original Golden Mask setup, and the armrest is from the same Golden Mask setup. The one I ran over and broke, prompting this rod replacement. It’s all detailed in the reference links in the original post in this thread. I’ve also used simple hose clamps, and the armrest for other detectors by fashioning an adapter end piece. Again, it’s all in the reference threads.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Neewer monopod and after some thinking about the adapter, I came up with my solution, I had some 1in rifle scope rings and thought they might work but they were too small so looked online for 30mm rings( a tad big ) , ordered a set for$19.00, made an adapter plate of aluminum and set about putting together something that works, the arm rest is PVC that I put on a piece of aluminium tube that I split and used fillets of JB weld to attach, will make a rest later. because the rings were a tad too big I used a couple of wraps of hockey stick tape( great stuff, use it on my scoop handle), looks like it will be a winner for under $70.00.

C279DA97-BDAC-466E-8AAA-10BD2FB8FC0A.jpeg

EE6490E8-4918-4A7B-ABA4-0567097CD7B3.jpeg

1EE82234-C37B-4BE0-B261-9F726D5D5C39.jpeg

6FCE52BC-99E8-437E-9A46-CEFC87C720C3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work T,

Did you also print the coil ear stiffer, and the pod mounts?? Also, is nylon the strongest printable material, or are there others?? And do you make your own "blueprint" program, or just download a ready made one??  I don't have one yet, but i have been noticing many people using them now!👍👍

My bad, don't know where nylon came from... it is actually PTEG.

The coil stiffener is glow in dark and is great for water detecting.

The pod mount is a set of handlebar risers I ordered from Amazon.

I taught myself Freecad to design the arm cuff.  The first prototype was just to test fit.  This one is #2, and actually impressed me with how strong it is.  I designed the arm cup to wrap around your forearm a bit, instead of using a strap.  We'll have to see how well it stays in place and how comfortable it is.

• Like 2