Sign in to follow this  
harivney

Equinox Or Impulse AQ Florida Beaches

Thinking ahead. Will be moving closer to Clearwater and St Pete Beach Florida later this year. What metal detector would you choose for wet sand and shallow wading - an Equinox or Impulse AQ (assuming its available)?. Based on what I have read, it seems Impulse is supposed to find gold rings that Equinox has missed.  

The 800 is very good for any situation that may arise and with the latest update just can be beat in my opinion.

That was the main reason I purchased the 800 in the first place, and I am glad I had.

Hope this helps.

It will be interesting to heat from buyers of the AQ in FL when they get them. I have several experienced FL beach hunters on my list. So far, none of them have received a unit.

For raw depth, the AQ should beat it handily, even in very low mineral sand. The overall utility of one vs. the other will depend on the specific characteristics of the beaches, targets of all types and hunters' preferred techniques of operating.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bash
      So, I'm going to get another pinpointer for a backup, and would like something to compliment (or replace) my Garrett Pro-pointer AT.  I've heard good things about the Teknetics Tek-Point , and the Fisher F-Pulse, which I believe are essentially the same product.
      Anyone have any other suggestions?
    • By GB_Amateur
      Sometimes while out detecting I wonder about the likelihood of digging into utility lines.  The obvious one is sprinkler heads or lines, but those I've encountered seem pretty sturdy, although if plastic there could be a problem.
      In my current park site I uncovered a Romex electrical line (not in a protective conduit) -- sample photo below.  It was only about 6 inches deep and my detector was picking up the copper wires inside.  Fortunately it turned out to be inactive although I don't think I broke through the insulation.  I just covered it back up and made a mental note since its signal could be picked up elsewhere along the line.

Another, possibly bigger issue is what to say if someone approaches and asks (or tells...) you of their concern, whether that is for my safety or just of the utility line itself.  Of course they are supposed to be much deeper than I dig, but that assumes whoever buried it was knowledgeable and responsible.  For example, in front of my house along the public sidewalk there is a TV cable (merely electrically insulated) which has been pushed to the surface by a tree root.  I'm sure it wasn't buried more than a few inches originally.  Every time I mow I wonder if I'm going to cut it.
      I'd like to read about your experiences with this issue.

• By AussiWest
      I found this strange copper ring near a sand play pit in a park. The writing looks medieval. It is one word repeated inside and out of the ring and is gibberish to me. I wonder if it has a mystical meaning. The ring extention has been done very crudely and certainly not by a jeweller. Can anybody help with suggestions? Thanks!

• By zhangxiaotong
      Hello everyone, I am a treasure hunter from the Loess Plateau in northern China. I am very happy to come here to meet you. With my current simple experience, I cannot determine the use of a machine suitable for our local soil. I would like to ask all the experts to consult.  The pure loess plateau here is less mineralized, the soil layer is pure, and there are very few rocks. I am currently optimistic about the machines, Whites Spectra v3i, AKA SiGNUM MFD, mostly Xp35 and Minelab. I want to buy a deep  A good machine is mainly looking for silver coins and copper coins. I hope you can give excellent suggestions. In addition, I want to know if the depth of the Whites TDI SL pulse machine can exceed V3I and Aka. Please give excellent suggestions from friends who have used it.  I will be grateful for this, thank you all!

• By microsniper
      Hey All,  Iv been trying to locate a Refiner here in the USA that can process a small batch of placer gold (2oz) and fabricate some 18/22k jewelry stock.     I am an amateur jeweler and have tried many times to smelt my hard earned gold into some usable material and have not had any luck thus far.     So, I know I can send it off to a refiner and get generic stock back but the point is to use my own gold for some special pieces.      I know someone else out there has gone down this road before, and i would so appreciate a lead on  a reputable refiner/fabricator.    

cheers!    
    • By Dino Roy
      Hi - I have  a mint Coinmaster 1 TRDX machine that I got at a yard sale. It has all of the components and fired right up with fresh batteries. I was just tying to find out when it is from exactly but can't seem to find it online. It has a Date of GG. It's a fun machine to use as it brings back old memories as a kid in the 1970's out finding stuff with a similar machine my buddy had. 
      Thank you in advance for your time, Dino