New GM1000 Not Loud

I just bought a GM1000 and was under the impression that the external audio is quite loud. Mine is defiantly not. The headphones are loud but not the external. Its brand new and I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping to use it tomorrow but now I think I may have to take it back to the shop.  Kind of takes the excitement out of a new detector. Is this fixable at home? Thanks

Ok, thanks. I figured it was something like that. Yours is banging loud mine is less than half that. I hope the shop will switch it out for me. Its just a 1.5 hour drive to get there. Its brand new, never seen dirt. I'm surprised it made it out of the factory that way. 

I just talked to the dealer and he said bring it back and we will compare it to his and swap it out if its not up to par. Good guy. This is the second detector I have bought from Big Valley Metal detecting in Sacramento and Larry the owner is great.  Buy local and keep the stores in business.

I compared the GM1000 to my GBP and the GBP is probably twice as loud. However the GM1000 quietly hit the 45 cal bullet I was testing with 3+ inches more depth in auto 1 and was super stable. The GBP was chattering like crazy maxed out which is normal. I usually run it at about 11 or 12 on the sens knob (40%-50%) just to keep  the threshold stable. Having cut my teeth on a Compadre I really like a single tone silent search detector. I,m going to like the GM1000

• Like 1

I took the GM1000 back to Big Valley metal detectors and Larry the owner confirmed it was quiet. Swapped it for a new machine no problems. Hes a great guy.

• Like 3