5 Ring Day But No Gold!

Thanks Steve, Don't get me wrong- I like silver too but I LOVE gold! But, I do also LOVE fat silver, designer silver and old silver! 🙂

That would be a winning hunt in my book!

I think i see a small bracelet with pearl on it! And an earring! And a small button thing above it!  What are they? Junk jewelry? Show us all the rings! And i see a large spike, or square nail! What is that?👍👍

• Like 1

A five ring day is good even if there’s no gold. I prefer to dig no gold than dig one that gets your heart going but at the end it sticks to a magnet 😖 Welcome to a true friendly forum and hope you keep sharing your finds here. Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

A five ring day is good even if there’s no gold. I prefer to dig no gold than dig one that gets your heart going but at the end it sticks to a magnet 😖 Welcome to a true friendly forum and hope you keep sharing your finds here. Good luck on your next outing.

Amen to that...Steve keeps the dogs under control for sure..Thank You.

And a very good day, I'm not a silver person but that stuff does add up, and tells me there is a good chance gold is near..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

That would be a winning hunt in my book!

I think i see a small bracelet with pearl on it! And an earring! And a small button thing above it!  What are they? Junk jewelry? Show us all the rings! And i see a large spike, or square nail! What is that?👍👍

Thanks Joe, Yes, I was teased some more with the chain bracelet, hoop earring and other piece that were all costume jewelry. I think that the large "spike" piece you are referring to is the handle from some needle nose pliers. I find a lot of pliers from people who surf-fish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Seeker said:

Thank you Seeker,  What gets me is when I find a tunsten carbide ring in the dark of night. They feel so heavy and smooth and are found where the gold should be. In this same area I once found 10 rings on each of back-to-back nights- 3 gold and most of the rest blackened silver so I guess I might be just a little spoiled.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Amen to that...Steve keeps the dogs under control for sure..Thank You.

And a very good day, I'm not a silver person but that stuff does add up, and tells me there is a good chance gold is near..

Thanks OBN, I guess I would have felt closer to the gold if the silver rings I found were tarnished or black. They were most likely recent drops. Still, I felt that gold was a possibility which always makes for a more exciting hunt.

37 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks OBN, I guess I would have felt closer to the gold if the silver rings I found were tarnished or black. They were most likely recent drops. Still, I felt that gold was a possibility which always makes for a more exciting hunt.

I  went water hunting yesterday and got no  gold but I did get a  no date-s  standing liberty  quarter,a1905 -o barber quarter,1939  merc plus a no date buffalo.I also got a little silver ring.You  don't have to get gold to have a good day.The place was mobbed  with people  but it always has enough room.I used my Nox.

• Like 3