Wow Seeker, Those are amazingly well preserved coins for their age and being so close to the wet, salty environment- congrats.  Looks like you have a pretty good beach to hunt!

• Like 1

Nice!  Your silver coins look way better than most that have photos posted here which came from salt water (even some freshwater) areas.  Both show lots of (attractive) detail, having likely been dropped early in their lifetimes.  Maybe being forced/coerced from wet to dry sand was a fortunate, if unexpected, detour.

What detector were you using?

• Like 1

There are some beaches I do that have nicer silver coins. If they are deep enough and are away from a lot of high tides, they will preserve nicely like The Seeker's were. Great finds, nothing like a bit of silver to brighten one's day

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Compass said:

Wow Seeker, Those are amazingly well preserved coins for their age and being so close to the wet, salty environment- congrats.  Looks like you have a pretty good beach to hunt!

I was surprised too on their condition.  The last couple of years I have gotten silver here and they all have been in horrible condition. Some have been so bad that you can barely see the outline of what they once were by holding them at specific angles. Even if ugly I’ll gladly take any silver coin that comes my way.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice!  Your silver coins look way better than most that have photos posted here which came from salt water (even some freshwater) areas.  Both show lots of (attractive) detail, having likely been dropped early in their lifetimes.  Maybe being forced/coerced from wet to dry sand was a fortunate, if unexpected, detour.

What detector were you using?

These were found far from the water so that’s probably why they survived. However I have found other silver here far from the water but they were in horrible condition. Today I was swinging the MDT8000.

• Like 1

Nice finds and in good condition, good luck on your next hunt.