7 Hunts So Far With The AQ ... 6 Gold Rings And 1 Gold Earring ..

Impressive results OBN- thanks and congrats! May I ask....out of those 7 gold items found with the AQ how many do you think you might have found with your Excalibur?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 7 Hunts So Far With The AQ ... 6 Gold Rings And 1 Gold Earring ..
11 hours ago, Compass said:

Impressive results OBN- thanks and congrats! May I ask....out of those 7 gold items found with the AQ how many do you think you might have found with your Excalibur?

That's a good question...I'm going to say 2? possibly...really hard to say all were deeper then normal seemed....except the one I found in mute...and that one was around 10 inch's. 2 scoops...So the class ring and the broken band that was found at 10 inch's in mute mod. I went back thru the one beach which had several shallow targets just to see if any of them were good ...nothing with the xcalibur. Crazy was walking into the place and the holes were deep, like fall in deep. 

I can't tell you how many times I have dug deep silver quarters or deep targets only to find a small gold ring in the sand beside the hole. My thinking this machine will find those..unheard small rings. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a good question...I'm going to say 2? possibly...really hard to say all were deeper then normal seemed....except the one I found in mute...and that one was around 10 inch's. 2 scoops...So the class ring and the broken band that was found at 10 inch's in mute mod. I went back thru the one beach which had several shallow targets just to see if any of them were good ...nothing. Crazy was walking into the place and the holes were deep, like fall in deep. 

I can't tell you how many times I have dug deep silver quarters or deep targets only to find a small gold ring in the sand beside the hole. My thinking this machine will find those..unheard small rings. 

Thanks for the reply OBN because I realize it is difficult to say for sure. However, all these bits of information on the AQ put together are painting a picture and I'm enjoying the view. Continued best of luck!

• Like 1

Hi joe , thx for your pics and infos . I have a question , what is the percentage of iron targets found among the total ? In mute and tone mode … thx again .. 

• Like 1

Nice job Joe! can you give a ball park figure on battery life while hunting? Also what do you think of the headphones? is it something that can be improved upon? Thanks Joe, Keep up the good work my friend!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, palzynski said:

Hi joe , thx for your pics and infos . I have a question , what is the percentage of iron targets found among the total ? In mute and tone mode … thx again .. 

Welcome, I will be out a lot more this week..So hang tight. I will make a special effort to cover the reject side of the "AQ"

Those 7 hunts I dug about 4 pieces but I was only digging deep targets at all of these spots. Passing by all shallow targets..also I would say I only used the reject settings about 2 hours out of 25 hours?

Most  beach's here the surf is the classifier..it sorts the targets into different areas according to weigh, size and shape..,then add in how old these spots are...I look for tale-tale signs of gold. I see a pattern and that tells me where to look and what to dig. Each beach is different so one really has to hunt these places before with your regular VLF (Excalibur for me) and be aware of what they are walking into using the "AQ".

Here is the plan for this week......run the reject Mod "Tones" first High and Lows..and dig all signals. And see what signals give what..

Then go to "mute" mod and dig all that give a signal..then give a report with pictures and video of each mod. So I won't be looking for gold but looking to give a report on the reject mods targets dug...I really don't thing it's going to be good but just have to wait and see. 

My first opinion, it will take both the hunters skills and knowledge combined to make the "AQ" a Ok discrimination machine. Which is a tough act to follow. I do think in time I will feel comfortable with the AQ enough to take it any where,,but it's going to take time.

I went to the public beach this Am, but they were closed..Ouch.. shooting for Tuesday now..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Really good,to be honest speaking about myself i will have to find a few pieces of gold and will be convinced...... my spots aren't really giving,they are hammered by the locals since the 70s...........this winter wasn't bad in term of non ferrous target but last month was terrible........will go tonight on different spots.

Well done again for the gold

RR

• Like 1

So far every report is making it look like a detector to have. Great report. I hate those aluminum can tops that seem to survive well past the rest of the can. Seems to be a lot of them in the bay and tributaries. Flag Ponds is really littered with them.

• Like 1