Old Detectorist, New Member Here

cudamark

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker here for quite a while now, but, since I got a new detector today, I thought I'd join a new forum and the discussions about it. I've been detecting now for 50 years as of this month. Been through many machines in that time. Started with a BFO, went through the TR's and various single frequency VLF's and then into the multifrequency Minelab machines. There were a few side trips with PI machines, but, they made me work too hard digging iron targets at my beaches, so, I got rid of them all after getting my first Excalibur. Now, just today, I got the Impulse AQ. I've been considering another PI machine for some time now to complement the Excal, and was about to pull the trigger on a TDI when I started to hear about the Impulse AQ (Manta back then). Kept in touch with Rick K and got on his list when it looked like it was going to happen. Just charged it up and hope to hit the beach at low tide tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! Thanks, Mark

• Like 9

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the forums. Where are you from and please post some of your finds so we all can enjoy.

Happy hunting and good luck!

Welcome Mark,

Glad to have your extensive experience here with us! You will be in good company, with the few here that have an AQ so far! As well as all the other detectors! Looking forward to some posts about the AQ!

I'm going to wait for the main AQ release, before i consider pulling the trigger! I still have plenty to learn with my Knox 800!

Good Hunting!👍👍

Mark - glad you're here and looking forward to your take on the Impulse and any other detector.  I have always been generally aligned with your advice and general detecting philosophies on other forums, especially regarding beach hunting and respect your opinions and have often picked up valuable nuggets of advice from your postings.  Welcome to DP.  

• Like 1

Welcome Mark, Sounds like you and I have a few things in common. 2020 also marks my 50th year since I bought my first detector- a Goldak (I think they were more known for pipe locating equipment!) I am also new here (kind of) and on the list for the new Impulse AQ so congrats on getting yours! Good luck with it as we eagerly await your feedback.

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see how you like the AQ. I remember those BFO days well LOL

Welcome, Mark!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

~Bash

• Like 1