Whites V3i Vs The XP Deus

In any case, I would not underestimate the depth capabilities of the Whites Spectra V3 even on a small 7 "coil .... when you use 3 F multifrequency with a Tx bost or a separate 1F 7.5 khz ... they are really deep and with a good ID ...

The weight of the Spectra V3 on this small 7"coil is 1900 grams with a Lithium Battery pack ... but the balance is so perfect that you can't feel the weight ..

IMG_20200624_191114.jpg

• Like 3

Wow 1,9kg for the v3i it is more than what I was estimating  ... Even if the v3i is well balanced the weight is still there and in terms of "sweeping ergonomy" the Orx will for sure outperform the v3i . You should try an Orx or a Deus , just a little try , you will see , once you are used to it it is very difficult to come back to a 1,5kg or more machine 🙂 ...  An other good example is the new Garrett Apex at 1,1kg , a significant improvement compared to their prev. detectors, I think they did a very good job, this will be appreciated by their future customers ...

Actually I was less sensible to this weight aspect when I started detecting 20 years ago ... I had a ML Explorer which is not known as a light detector ( 1,9kg ), this without any pb. But now it is different I prefer light machines . On the other hand some people do not bother detecting with heavier machines ,this is just a personal choice ..

• Like 1

My new ORX with 11" X35 coil arrived today.It's charging up now. Looking forward to becoming familiar with it.

• Like 3

Rob,

think about getting the audio adapter that can be used with the WS audio module, use your favorite wired ear buds or headphones and ditch the wireless back phones. 
If you want some really comfortable wireless headphones that accept the WS module, the Quest model is awesome. 

Jeff

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2020 at 6:37 PM, RobNC said:

Thank you for the information, much appreciated. I've been looking at videos most of the day. Amazing how fast time goes by when you do that. I've seen some good and some bad concerning the Deus. Like you mentioned there are a lot of settings. And if you make too many changes well that could really goof things up. 

Perhaps the most discouraging thing I seen  was a few comparisons of buried targets where the Deus and EQ800 were tested along with the Simplex. Simplex was hitting things neither the EQ800 or Deus could hit. That was quite troubling to me.. hahaha

Thank you again for the words of wisdom from a long time Deus owner.

You did mention the MXT. I sort of wanted to also have a whites machine in the stable just for history sake. None of the whites units are really low priced, at least the ones that are worth having. Just how does the older MXT stack up against the Equinox and Deus? I'm curious about that. Deep down inside I'm just a tinkering mad scientist, always have been.

I am late to the game here but I got to add a few of my own 2 cents. 

I too watched some of the simplex videos vs other detectors. I do not believe the hype at all that the simplex machine is deeper than the Deus or equinox. Total b.s. as I have compared the simplex myself to the ORX here at home. 

The reason the simplex gets decent depth is due to the 11 inch coil. It also cannot separate well in trashy iron environments. 

So in the real world from my own testing, the simplex is a great starter unit that has many good benefits for what it cost but lacks keeping up with the XP and equinox machines and others I am sure from different brands like the T2 and F75 and I have owned both if those in the past and are excellent metal detectors. 

The 9 inch coil on my ORX goes deeper than the 11 inch on the simplex.

Now a good comparison dollar for dollar for the simplex would be a Teknetics Eurotek pro with the 11 inch coil. Other than not being water proof I think it would be more in the ball park for apples vs apples.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 9:36 AM, EL NINO77 said:

In any case, I would not underestimate the depth capabilities of the Whites Spectra V3 even on a small 7 "coil .... when you use 3 F multifrequency with a Tx bost or a separate 1F 7.5 khz ... they are really deep and with a good ID ...

The weight of the Spectra V3 on this small 7"coil is 1900 grams with a Lithium Battery pack ... but the balance is so perfect that you can't feel the weight ..

IMG_20200624_191114.jpg

What coil is that?

It is a new 7 "Detech Ultimate coil ... designed for Whites Spectra V3 and also Whites MXTa DFX detectors.
Originally, this 7 "/18.5cm/ detech Ultimate coil was made for MX Sport detectors .... its size gives a sense of depth and also the separation properties will be excellent ...

IMG_20200622_170341_417.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The V3I has always been a all time great Jewelry machine......with good wide TID

The ORX can be a great Jewelry machine .....just put the control box in your pocket and concentrate on good repeatable mid tones  (sound only) . And you will clean up the soccer fields in no time. 

• Like 3