Thank You White’s Electronics Of Sweet Home, Oregon

Great post Gerry.....and a nice refreshing change from all the doom and gloom about where White’s are at. I’m so tempted to go out and buy one of each just for the hell of it. I have three White’s detectors but it’s not enough 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I  hope someone keeps the GMX and 24k going.  It would be  nice for  Garrett to have a  great high frequency  machine in their lineup by getting it.Their machine still has  the record for biggest nugget  in the Hand of Faith.I am surprised A minelab has not  beaten that with it' s  depth.

• Like 2

Great tribute and photo album, Gerry.  I seem to recall something you told me when I took your class.  I don't want to repeat it and have it turn out to be inaccurate, but I'll see if I can set you up.  Here is my 'thought exercise':

Take each of the detectors you've ever owned that found gold.  (If you no longer have all of the detectors or all the gold, NP, this is just a thought exercise.)  In front of each put all the pieces of gold that particular detector has found.  Weigh those piles.  Which detector has the heaviest associated pile?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Great tribute and photo album, Gerry.  I seem to recall something you told me when I took your class.  I don't want to repeat it and have it turn out to be inaccurate, but I'll see if I can set you up.  Here is my 'thought exercise':

Take each of the detectors you've ever owned that found gold.  (If you no longer have all of the detectors or all the gold, NP, this is just a thought exercise.)  In front of each put all the pieces of gold that particular detector has found.  Weigh those piles.  Which detector has the heaviest associated pile?

Even to this date, the MXT has produced the most pounds of gold for me.  Now if I keep swinging the NOX for the same amount of years, I think I might pass my MXT records, but when you find a 1 pounder with 3.5 oz gold and a 2 pounder with 10 oz of gold, that sure gets the MXT weight up there.  So far with the NOX my best is around a 7 oz'er with over 3 oz of gold.  I know a 1 pounder is on its way though..

• Like 4

Awesome post amigo, well said.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Even to this date, the MXT has produced the most pounds of gold for me.  Now if I keep swinging the NOX for the same amount of years, I think I might pass my MXT records, but when you find a 1 pounder with 3.5 oz gold and a 2 pounder with 10 oz of gold, that sure gets the MXT weight up there.  So far with the NOX my best is around a 7 oz'er with over 3 oz of gold.  I know a 1 pounder is on its way though..

The MXT was there to give you  a first shot at that gold and that is a big deal.That tech.  at  those times made you money .The Nox was not in the picture yet.  You used what gave you success  for the time you were hunting in.

• Like 1

God, I feel terrible now for speculating/opinionating on the why and how! :laugh: Seriously though, nice post Gerry! 👍🏼

Got a tip for you though. Your detectors found nothing. The locations produced the finds, and you did the finding. You are the one making the machines look good, not the other way around. :smile:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Got a tip for you though. Your detectors found nothing. The locations produced the finds, and you did the finding. You are the one making the machines look good, not the other way around. :smile:

You got that right, and as further evidence, here is a photo I snapped of Gerry a couple years ago when he taught one of his classes in Northern Nevada.  So that's how he finds the pound nuggets!

shirl-herr-with-his-metal-detector.jpg.477e62844e17d4545ee304742231ad5d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• The title was changed to Thank You White’s Electronics Of Sweet Home, Oregon