Hello From Canada! Best Budget Gold Detector Options

I have the Multi Kruzer and love it. If you get the Gold Kruzer and plan on going in the water where the control box is submersed then also get the waterproof wired headphones. I thought the vibrate would be enough to find targets but not very useful in all metal mode or where there is a lot of mineralization as the machine just vibrates all the time so you spend time watching the display. Sparse target areas it works ok but I like all metal mode hunting.

• Like 1

Ordered my Gold Kruzer today!

And now the waiting game lol!

Hey PeterInSa, ya i saw that video, as well as a bunch of others on the Gold Kruzer. Looks nice!

I also so a video of these dutch coin hunters and the guy was using the Gold Kruzer and was finding coins like crazy, like one after another non stop on the beach with it! After that he went to a park and again finding coins silver earnings etc... Apparently as he said, there's no gold nugget spots in his country, but for some reason he bought a Gold Kruzer? Not sure why, maybe because he was also hoping to find lots of lost jewelry too and choose that model, but i was still impressed as didn't think it would work to well for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNBQW53O5s

Hey Kac, ya i don't plan on going in for a full dive under water lol, just small rivers/streams, but if i ever do i'll keep it in mind, thx!

If your planning on salt water the Multi Kruzer might be a bit better especially as you approach the salty wet sand. The MK has a dedicated beach mode that alters the ground balance for those conditions. I used it a bit at a brackish water river as tide was coming in and it was incredibly stable. Will try it at the beaches here to see how it fairs but beaches had been closed.

The GK should be really good in picking out jewelry from aluminum trash but you may have difficulty separating silver and some copper.

If there are some fresh water beaches in your area it should do really well with the small ear rings that most detectors will miss.

• Like 1

Came back from the day and no gold nuggets for today 😞

But that's ok as I'm still getting used to the machine and learning it!

I very much like this little gold kruzer and learning to trust it more! For example, I was for the most part using it in beast mode with the gain turned pretty high up and many a time I'd find a target, dig, find nothing, pass the machine and it would tell me, something is still down there, keep looking buddy, it's there and slightly less deep this time on the deepth meter. I kept telling myself, this thing is going Crazzy there ain't nothing down there, then finally after digging more than half a friggin foot or more, I found the tenniest little piece of metal, or a little piece of aluminum foil (what the hell is a little piece of aluminum foil doing in the ground like nearly 1 foot deep is beyond me lol). This happened multiple times me thinking the machine was Crazzy but each time it was right, I've learnt to trust it now lol which gives me confidence now in the machine and trust.

The mineralization bar helped me as well to know when to ground balance as I kept changing spots as I was hunting from sand to rocky boulders to going into the water with big slabs of rock etc...

I really like the ground balancing, super easy, just hold the button GB and it tells you to pump the coil and as you start pumping, each time you get close to the ground it beeps and gives you the GB value recorded and you do this 3 times or so and the GB value is set! I haven't tried yet the auto tracking GB, maybe next time.

This is what I ended up finding today, a mix of ground in a parc near the river, boulders by the river, sandy beach area, going into the river and scanning pockets and crevices and rock slabs on shoreline of river, trying not to get my kruzer swept away by the currents lol.

I have no idea what the weird handle looking type thing is, or the 2 other little pieces!

The 8 little rocks are little metal pieces that were ringing up on the detector with good id numbers but I have no idea what they are, would have to check again each one to see what the id rings up as and then see if I can test and identify each one.

P.S. Going to be heading back out tomorrow but this time with a friend and will be mainly panning tomorrow but bringing the Kruzer to scan the front and back facades of rocks in the river to help target good possible spots to pan!

IMG_20200704_233346.jpg

IMG_20200704_233404.jpg

IMG_20200704_233446.jpg

• Like 2

Also the battery seems to last a really long time on both the wireless headset and the detector itself!

Started the day at around 10:00am and finished close to 6pm with only stopping to use the unit when going to lunch and changing locations to try out various places. The headphones are telling me full charge still and the detector went from 5 bars to 3 bars, pretty damn good for using it all day almost non stop! This was with the small coil so maybe the larger one would draw more power.