1 minute ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's a great find!

Thanks!

Handsome, and I like all those refracted images of the coins' edges.  Good job not scratching it.  Another find for the category "what was that doing there??"

What are the dates and mintmarks?  It looks like the penny is a 1975-?

5 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Handsome, and I like all those refracted images of the coins' edges.  Good job not scratching it.  Another find for the category "what was that doing there??"

What are the dates and mintmarks?  It looks like the penny is a 1975-?

Hi, the penny is 1975 D, the quarter and half dollar are 1976 D and the dime and nickel are 1975 P. I can’t believe I is so nice!!! Love it!

• Like 1

Great find and I am just wondering what you were using at the time and what it was showing on the detector.

That would be a heck of a signal to understand I think.

23 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Great find and I am just wondering what you were using at the time and what it was showing on the detector.

That would be a heck of a signal to understand I think.

Hi, I was using my only usable detector. It is a older bounty hunter tracker I-d 505. It only has a little needle, and I don’t even know how that works, I put a picture below. I do t really go by a signal because I just dig everything(it works for me as a beginner) if I had a better detector I but it would have been crazy!!! Thanks

BD31ACA5-B73B-48B5-BBCA-1635850370E7.jpeg

7C2DC5C2-7AF3-48D9-BEAF-A5EE62CFB0CB.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

It only has a little needle, and I don’t even know how that works,

Check and see if there is a headphone jack on it, if it does you also need a set of headphones to be able to hear the tones.

The sensitivity is also the volume control I believe. Almost any headphone wit a 1/4 inch jack will work.

Let me know if you see the jack on it, and if you have a set of headphones that will work.

That's both a crazy , and wonderful find ! Great condition , and , how did it get there ?! Metal detecting often throws up more questions than answers . Congrats .

8 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Check and see if there is a headphone jack on it, if it does you also need a set of headphones to be able to hear the tones.

The sensitivity is also the volume control I believe. Almost any headphone wit a 1/4 inch jack will work.

Let me know if you see the jack on it, and if you have a set of headphones that will work.

Hi, it does have a headphone jack. It is not like on on an iPhone, it is a bit bigger.(I don’t have one). I can hear the beep without headphones. I don’t go by the sound of the beep to know what to dig. If it sound like a steady beep I dig. This detector doesn’t have volume control, the sensitivity turns it on. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By RobNC
      My usual places are being eliminated one by one. Most of my places are public in nature. One of my favorite places I tried to hunt today and there was a police car sitting there. A bad sign.
      So I pulled around the back like normal and notice everything locked up and new cameras installed... So he comes back there and I speak to him. I told him we had been metal detecting that place over a year and now notice it locked up. As he put it, "fighting and stuff".  In other words either drug related, gang related, or general hoodlum behavior. This has happened a lot to me lately, good places being off limits now for nothing I've done.
      I went to another place where a known idiot has been that likes to dig craters. I had hoped he would have moved on by now but no. Instead it looks like a mine field now over the entire area. That moron has dug so many holes it is unreal. Always the same, dirt left on the ground and a non packed remnant of the plug in the hole. That was enough for me today and another place permanently marked off my list.
      I'm starting to get frustrated more and more and today I even told my wife "Between the hoodlums and idiots messing things up, I may as well just sell all my equipment and give this hobby up."  Anybody else feeling this way? I enjoy metal detecting but here lately it's peeved me off about how other people's behavior can impact my hunting grounds..
    • By Steve Herschbach
      “According to Miller, the country isn’t running out of money, there are just more coins “sitting in pots at home,” instead of circulating through the economy.“

https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/2020/07/20/is-there-really-a-coin-shortage/#3a28fe2df0a3
    • By devilsrenegade
      Went back to an old poured concrete foundation in the woods which is a popular Elk hunters campsite. This is a site where I found my first seated dime a few years ago. The area is loaded with modern trash and lot's of iron nails and old tin buried near the foundation walls. I brought my Teknetics G2 with both the 5" and 11"x7" coil as I also intended to try some nugget detecting near the creek. I didn't find any nuggets but managed to pull 2 nice V nickels, 1890 and 1883. I set the detector in disc mode after ground balancing at 83. The ground here is very mineralized. I then set the tone break at 40 to separate ferrous from nonferrous and started swinging . I dug everything that hit in the ferrous range and all one-way signals that sounded good one direction but like iron the other. I also managed a few relics and a small pile of trash. 

• By Sven1
      Just keep finding clad.

Charged up the Blisstool V5 last night for a morning hunt before the heat set in with a blazing hot sun starts baking me.
      Since most areas are pretty dry, not wanting to ruin any grass areas. Went back to a well hit spot where the ground would just damp enough
      to make for some easy digging and the ground would not dry out. The place is a good choice because the sprinkler system keeps the grass nice and green.

This morning.
      True to form, the sprinklers came on, the grass at my spot was still wet. The rising sun and warming heat soon dried the grass. Made for a clean hunt.
      Ground balanced the V5 to perfection. Ran smooth with a nice stable threshold all morning. Used the 7x9 search coil again, which is just going to stay on this detector.

Since I haven't used the V5 in several weeks, as I was testing out the new Simplex coils, it did take about 1 hour to get back in the swing of things. So a lot of trash was dug,
      just to get a feel of the audio responses between trash and good trash ( Canadian clad coins). Made for some good education today.

There are a couple things I can say about the V5, it loves deeper Canadian clad coins. Pretty much already cleaned the place of surface to 5" deep coins. Finding there sure is a lot more at the
      6-8" range than I thought. The V5 just sees them loud and clear, quite surprised how many are dug at the 7" range. Noted all those pesky dimes came from that depth. The only coin that came from a shallow depth of 4" was the Toonie. It sounded like a large surface target. Have to remember that for next time.

Hunted from 6:30am to 11:15am, at that point it was too hot to continue, packed it in and drove home, guzzling a bottle of warm water. Yeah it heated up a bit in the cars trunk.
      This was only my second hunt, the more I use the V5, the more I like it.

• By Joe D.
      Hello all,
            A little primer first; as some of you may know, my Equinox is in "the shop", due to previously posted issues!  No worries; using the old trusty At Pro!   
           So between Covid, and the horrendous heat wave we are experiencing, i haven't been out much to detect!  But many of you have been out, and posting!  So i just had to suck it up, and get my butt out in it!! Summers here used to be a nice balmy Easterly breeze most every day! The last several years have been unusually hot and humid, with little to no breeze, and record temps! Dangerous conditions, if you don't hydrate well! 
          So, i decided to hit a few local parks, that I've hunted previously, a year or two ago! And stick to the "shaded" areas to make it bearable!  Yesterday i had the 5x8 stock coil on, and did about 3 hours, before it became unbearable! I was soaked, but did well enough for what i expected to find!
      Today was much the same, in a different park! With the 8x11 stock coil! This park has very large tree's, so the added depth helps here, due to very rich soil! 
         My results; as you will see below; are fairly typical of my park area's!   Oldest coin was a 1955 D nickel!  Along with a few early 60's; and up to present day coins!  Not exactly ideal finds, but goes with the age of the area's that are accessible here! And it keeps my skills up! I included some of the junk items in my  "paper towel" displays for future reference! 
         I'm looking forward (probably 6ish weeks) to getting the Equinox back, and get back to the beaches! 👍👍

• By geof_junk
      The Three pence "3D" 
      Like all other pre-decimal Australian coinage the three pence was based on the silver standard. The 16mm, 1.41g coins were minted in sterling silver (92.5% silver, 7.5% copper) from 1910 till 1944. In 1947 the coins were debased to 50% silver, 40% copper, 5% nickel, and 5% zinc. The debasement resulted from Australia needing to pay off its’ huge debts incurred during World War 2. All threepences have a plain edge.

These are the best of my 3d collection, many more elsewhere. Note Date of release and Number produced under each coin.  When I get a chance will move onto 6d, Shillings (1/-) Florins(2/-) and Crown(5/-) and silver round 50 cent.