One Of My Coolest Finds!

That's a great find!

1 minute ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's a great find!

Thanks!

Handsome, and I like all those refracted images of the coins' edges.  Good job not scratching it.  Another find for the category "what was that doing there??"

What are the dates and mintmarks?  It looks like the penny is a 1975-?

5 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Handsome, and I like all those refracted images of the coins' edges.  Good job not scratching it.  Another find for the category "what was that doing there??"

What are the dates and mintmarks?  It looks like the penny is a 1975-?

Hi, the penny is 1975 D, the quarter and half dollar are 1976 D and the dime and nickel are 1975 P. I can’t believe I is so nice!!! Love it!

• Like 1

Great find and I am just wondering what you were using at the time and what it was showing on the detector.

That would be a heck of a signal to understand I think.

23 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Great find and I am just wondering what you were using at the time and what it was showing on the detector.

That would be a heck of a signal to understand I think.

Hi, I was using my only usable detector. It is a older bounty hunter tracker I-d 505. It only has a little needle, and I don’t even know how that works, I put a picture below. I do t really go by a signal because I just dig everything(it works for me as a beginner) if I had a better detector I but it would have been crazy!!! Thanks

BD31ACA5-B73B-48B5-BBCA-1635850370E7.jpeg

7C2DC5C2-7AF3-48D9-BEAF-A5EE62CFB0CB.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

It only has a little needle, and I don’t even know how that works,

Check and see if there is a headphone jack on it, if it does you also need a set of headphones to be able to hear the tones.

The sensitivity is also the volume control I believe. Almost any headphone wit a 1/4 inch jack will work.

Let me know if you see the jack on it, and if you have a set of headphones that will work.

That's both a crazy , and wonderful find ! Great condition , and , how did it get there ?! Metal detecting often throws up more questions than answers . Congrats .

8 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Check and see if there is a headphone jack on it, if it does you also need a set of headphones to be able to hear the tones.

The sensitivity is also the volume control I believe. Almost any headphone wit a 1/4 inch jack will work.

Let me know if you see the jack on it, and if you have a set of headphones that will work.

Hi, it does have a headphone jack. It is not like on on an iPhone, it is a bit bigger.(I don’t have one). I can hear the beep without headphones. I don’t go by the sound of the beep to know what to dig. If it sound like a steady beep I dig. This detector doesn’t have volume control, the sensitivity turns it on.