One Of My Coolest Finds!

3 hours ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

The sensitivity is also the volume control I believe.

The volume might go up with the sensitivity control.

Lower tones should indicate gold, iron, and such materials like that, while the higher tones will be silver and such.

Try a gold ring on the ground, and then try a silver ring to check the tone difference.

Then try the difference between coins, and make sure there is plenty of space between them so you don't overlap.

That headphone jack will take an adapter that you can get at Walmart or just about anywhere to use standard headphones.

You will get a better sound when you use them.

27 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

The volume might go up with the sensitivity control.

Lower tones should indicate gold, iron, and such materials like that, while the higher tones will be silver and such.

Try a gold ring on the ground, and then try a silver ring to check the tone difference.

Then try the difference between coins, and make sure there is plenty of space between them so you don't overlap.

That headphone jack will take an adapter that you can get at Walmart or just about anywhere to use standard headphones.

You will get a better sound when you use them.

No the directions stay to turn it on, set sensitivity to high, if it makes chatter slightly back off. It has discrimination of iron and pull tabs. I might try to see if it has different beeps for different items, but reallly don’t care. As a beginner I like to dig everything! Thanks!!!!!!

7 hours ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

I might try to see if it has different beeps for different items, but reallly don’t care. As a beginner I like to dig everything!

Glad to hear that you have the instructions for reference on how to operate the  unit, as I could not find any material on the internet for it.

On the headphone side of things I use earbuds and a adapter on the plug. That way if I only want one of them in my ear to hear for something else I can.

Good luck and happy hunting.

16 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Glad to hear that you have the instructions for reference on how to operate the  unit, as I could not find any material on the internet for it.

On the headphone side of things I use earbuds and a adapter on the plug. That way if I only want one of them in my ear to hear for something else I can.

Good luck and happy hunting.

The instructions are right below the knobs, so I can’t lose them. I will look into the adapter because I have iPhone earbuds. Thanks for letting me know!

That is a wack find! Could be kids. Kids do crazy things. I've found three different holes over the years, filled with pennies (20, 40, one with 70). I'll bet someone was playing pirates, and was called in to dinner. Next day, they were doing something else, and forgot about their booty / treasure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Crunch said:

That is a wack find! Could be kids. Kids do crazy things. I've found three different holes over the years, filled with pennies (20, 40, one with 70). I'll bet someone was playing pirates, and was called in to dinner. Next day, they were doing something else, and forgot about their booty / treasure.

It could have been! We can only guess at this point! That’s crazy that you could get 70 pennies out of one hole!!

Looks like they made a paper weight out of it. Popular in the 70's / 80's to seal coins in cubes, rectangles, etc... Nice time capsule.

• Like 1

70 pennies in one smeary hole is hell to pin-pointer. Even with the TRX sensitivity turned down, you're zig-zagging all over. The sun went down, I didn't bring a headlamp; my inner bulldog wanted to get 'em all... then the homeowner pulls her car in the driveway, opens her door, and announces, "You're a madman!"

On my knees in the cold darkness, squinting and pawing through the dirt— I was roughly forced into a moment of raw self reflection. 

"Well," I replied, "You've got a point..."

50 minutes ago, Johnny Crunch said:

70 pennies in one smeary hole is hell to pin-pointer. Even with the TRX sensitivity turned down, you're zig-zagging all over. The sun went down, I didn't bring a headlamp; my inner bulldog wanted to get 'em all... then the homeowner pulls her car in the driveway, opens her door, and announces, "You're a madman!"

On my knees in the cold darkness, squinting and pawing through the dirt— I was roughly forced into a moment of raw self reflection. 

"Well," I replied, "You've got a point..."

Great story!

Thats a very nice and unusual find,those types of coin memorabilia had been pretty popular back in the 70s as we have a couple of them,they had been given to workers of big corporations to commemorate major milestones in the companies history like say 100 years that type of thing.

The couple that we have had been given by family and friends and stuck in draws or boxes,they also had US coinage i am assuming with the date that the company or institution key dates like say 100 years from 1875-1975 of course coins from the 1800s are hard to get in bulk,but you could buy rolls of these new coins and keep them nice an shiny by preserving them in that acrylic and it was the in thing at the time,did not cost alot too make and kept the coins like new,often made for paper weights that type of thing.

Once again well done on a unusual to see find these days.