Impulse AQ - Digging With Tones & Disc In General

13 hours ago, cudamark said:

My Impulse needs to go back to Fisher for repair, so, that may delay the release of "new and improved version" depending on what they find. I went to use it yesterday, and it was totally dead.....wouldn't turn on or make one peep. Tried with both fully charged batteries so that wasn't the problem. It's been a rather disappointing machine for me too. I'll keep you posted as to what they find.....if they will disclose that to me.

Sorry to hear that cudamark. My AQ was in for repair for quite awhile but it is back in my hands now. Fisher told me they replaced the complete electronics. I had a little surgery the day after I received the AQ and that has kept me away from hunting, but am just getting back into the swing of things again. I have a total of 8 hours on the wet sand with it and all is well. Good luck!

• Like 3

Same here Cuda, Sorry to hear.. and maybe the first I've heard with this issue. Maybe the headphones? ..the power cable?..or a leak?   Leaks seem to work like that... "it was fine the last time but now...it  no longer works" . 

Anyway, they have a great machine if it's working correct ....

Quality control ....  is the issue.

Keep us informed,, Thanks

• Like 3

It hasn't been underwater yet, so, I doubt that it's a leak, but, who knows, I do rinse it off after every use.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 9:46 AM, midalake said:

Well I have really not read on the topic, because I was using the Sovereign which is very PI like in it's all metal mode.[and still use]  Years ago I ran a CZ-21 for a while but could not bring it up to speed where I hunt. Also the only other machine I considered for my beach use was the Dual Field. However I am not a fan of 12" or bigger coils for my style of beach hunting and conditions, also hunting in another country I did not like the fact it used batteries.

I am an old dog that can learn new tricks.  I have no fear what so ever the AQ will talk a language that I understand.  The question might be trade-offs.    

That's the point--these kinds of simple skills are transferrable between VLF and PI machines--but without them....

I think it has a lot to do with signal balancing--when you know how a signal relates to the surrounding ground something too weak or too strong is easier to recognize.  With a pulse though, signal balancing is not optional--unless you like digging spikes and pins. 

cjc