Did You Find A Nugget In A Black Velvet Bag?

A '$50,000 A' nugget was lost on the highway 270km from Perth.Β  Reward offered ... haha

https://thewest.com.au/news/regional/wubin-motorist-loses-50000-gold-nugget-on-great-northern-highway-ng-b881588392z

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

I'm sorry officer, "A wallaby ate it!" And ran off into the bush!

But here's the velvet bag!πŸ‘πŸ‘Β 

• Like 2

Two words Simon!!,

"Necklace Vile!" πŸ‘πŸ‘

One more "word" Simon!!,

"KFC" πŸ—πŸ˜›

41 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've lost my gold bottle twice with gold in it,

Simon please start using a handcuff briefcase so you don't lose anymore.

• Haha 2

The Nugget has been found! Big thanks to the wider community, the 83 yr old owner and his wife are very, very grateful, relieved and very happy.Β #fb

This update came from the Dalwallinu Police on Twitter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I didn't read the Twitter report but ... it was probably notΒ 'lost' ... an 83 year old never forgets things now, does he???Β  Maybe they just have so many nuggets they didn't count all the big ones properly.Β  The police just wanted to un-jam the roads leading to the area.

• Haha 1

I remember once pulling over for a piddle and as I hopped back in, lifting up my leg into the ute forced my gold bottle up out of my pocket and dropped onto the ground as I shut the door.

About two days later I got a call from the fuzz saying some wonderful person had handed it. They tracked me as it was a prescription pill bottle and my name and the pharmacy was on the was on the label.

There was just under an ounce in the bottle and not a bit was missing.

Maybe the old guy did lose it, his age means nothing, I was mid 30's when I lost mine.

What amazes me is the amount of people who think it's hilarious.Β  On one forum some numpty exclaimed it was the funniest thing he had read all year!

The poor old bugger must have been beside himself. I wonder how funny they would think it was if it happened to them.

• Like 4

Detected a gold bottle lying in the bush Β - and thenΒ Reg Wilson claimed it back a few minutes later :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What sort of a person would be low enough to remind an old bloke of his creeping senility?

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

I almost lost a 3rd gold bottle last summer, I had it up on a flat cup holder platform on my dash board, and my car window was down as it was a hot day, took a corner a bit fast and my gold bottle goes flying, JUST missed going out my window and bounced off the side of my door..... phew!

A bit fast?Β  Just a bit??!!Β  And I thought Europeans drive fast.Β  I didn't know you have Autobahns in NZ.Β  No wonder your daughter prefers her mom to drive -- she could be next.

Simon's next vehicle:

πŸš„

• Like 1