Did You Find A Nugget In A Black Velvet Bag?

8 hours ago, madtuna said:

What amazes me is the amount of people who think it's hilarious.  On one forum some numpty exclaimed it was the funniest thing he had read all year!

The loss is obviously not funny.  It is the reporting of the story to the general press that strikes us as odd.

As we can see, this happens more often than we know.  I've lost a bottle with a couple of nuggets in it when I first got my Equinox.  It was found by my friend the next day after I reported to him that I had lost my bottle.

A true loss is forgetting you ever had it in the first place!

Interesting story and glad to know the lost person was reunited with the nugget.

I was in Oregon a few years back and found a black plastic film canister will 43 small nuggets in it.  I was tickled to death as there was about a 1/4 oz.  But part of me also realized that was someones hard earned gold.  Anyway, the next month came and I was at the local metal detecting club and I entered the find as my "Gold Find of the Month".  An old rusty loudmouth retired Navy Captain started giving notice to the entire group that the gold was his.  I knew he was familiar with the areas as when I trained him years before, we were there.  Anyway, we toustled a bit and after a couple free beers from him, I decided to hand them over.  After all, he knew approx where I found it and he was very close to the actual amount of nuggets.  He'd been up there a week and thinks he lost it the day before he went home as the last day he did not find any gold.  He did not even know it was lost until he got home to show his daughter.

I actually lost one of Doc's little olive green rubber squeeze open nugget containers near Sawtooth, NV.  I had found 4 pieces at a new site and hiked a 1/4 mile to the top of the nearest hill so I could signal my buddies to come my way.  Anyway, they drive around the mountain and 20 minutes later, I am back down on the site to show them my gold.  What gold, it was gone.  Well a hike back to the top of the hill and 2 hours later I found the container.  Yes the nuggets were still in it.

The sickness I got of losing 4 measly nuggets with my GPZ was nothing compared to misplacing a $50K rock of gold.  I don't know how or what I'd do if I lost that rock?

So happy it was returned to the old chap and I bet he wanted to cry.

• Like 2

I was tempted to go up and have a look......only a couple hours drive from home.

Id like to know the area he was returning from 👍

Creeping Senility. That's one of my favorite garden flowers! 

Once, while detecting at Randsburg, I got a signal, immediately adjacent to a fresh drywash pile. Laying there was a 1/2  oz "stubby" glass viaI. Inside I found a tiny little note which read "Ransburg," as well as about 7 grains of gold dust. I wish I could have returned it to the owner...

• Like 2

This is the real story!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, pinpointa said:

How lucky can you be. To find it in the first place is just so great. There is still some honest people  on the planet.omegle

A gold nugget similar to the one which went missing.

Anyway, the next month came and I was at the local metal detecting club and I entered the find as my "Gold Find of the Month".  An old rusty loudmouth retired Navy Captain started giving notice to the entire group that the gold was his.