My Equinox 800 Is Back After It Leaked

7 hours ago, pinpointa said:

Its really crappy that the Equinox has all these failures I would not touch one with a forty foot pole because its like playing Russian Roulet it could last out and spit the dummy just after the warranty runs out.

And i have had quite a few of there detectors over the years .But i will stick with my V3I its just so far ahead even though its 10 years old i bought mine in 2009. Its just a shame Whites is closing. 

Then you are on the wrong forum. The White’s Forum is over here.

The fact that so many MX Sport detectors leaked no doubt did not help White’s stay in business. Perhaps White’s potential customers felt like you do, same story, different company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Took my new Equinox 800 w/ 6" coil out deep in the water today. Was out for an hour. It was windy. I got a wet suit and loved it. The top is a short sleeve w/ zipper and and I ordered a long sleeve with a zipper. 

No Leaks!  Only found 1 bottle cap, a junk earring and a copper jewelry piece. My scoop in the center and 1/2 way up the back I put 1/8" stainless steel mesh. It caught the straight earring with a little flower on the end.

• Like 4

Good luck Rick, hope the replacement never leaks.

I've had my Nox 800 for 2 years and thought it was invincible. I am in shoulder deep salt water a few times a week. Until finally last week it happened. The dreaded leak. Thankfully Minelab offers a 3 year warranty on the Equinox, but now I am having problems shipping it back from Vietnam to Australia for repair. Apparently the shipping companies here do not like the built in lithium batteries. But if I remove them, it will void warranty 😟

What country are you in? There is a repair place in usa.

14 hours ago, Beach Pirate said:

Apparently the shipping companies here do not like the built in lithium batteries. But if I remove them, it will void warranty 😟

That’s odd... they ship all over the world that way. Get something in writing and provide to Minelab as to why you need to remove the battery for shipping. I’m not sure simply removing the battery voids your warranty, since it is made to be replaceable. But seems like all you need to send is the pod, not the complete detector. Just stick it in a box and mail it?

We will see!!  I should be sending mine out next week! Just waiting to hear back from ML!👍👍

Minelab emailed me a shipping label.

23 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Minelab emailed me a shipping label.

I'm wondering, just how did you talk them into that? Every time I've had to send something back due to being defective the bastiges make me pay. Not just concerning metal detectors, but all things.

So what's the trick? Do you complain a lot and say it is a disgrace? Let us know!

I contacted the dealer about the leak and he contact Minelab. Then Minelab contacted me. Does anybody else get a mailing label?