My Equinox 800 Is Back After It Leaked

I thought that's the way it works. That Minelab sends a mailing label.

When I had an MX Sport and had to send into to White's they sent me a mailing label too.

2 hours ago, RobNC said:

I'm wondering, just how did you talk them into that? Every time I've had to send something back due to being defective the bastiges make me pay.

I had the combo, coil and detector. They pre-paid a label. 

Same here on a coil replacement! (Broken tab)! No problem's with their service end! That seems to be very good; so far!! 👍👍

On 6/27/2020 at 1:20 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

My Tesoro Stingray II leaked on the very first use. Has a White’s Surf PI leak on very first use. My second Garrett ATX leaked... at least not on the first use. :laugh: A lot of full time surf hunters will tell you it’s not a matter of if, but when, a waterproof detector will leak.

Just have a backup plan, go detecting, have fun. :smile:

Steve is right.  Beach and surf hunting is my life and I don’t care how convincing the advertisements are, you’ll experience a leak at some point during the life of that detector.

• Like 1

Well, i sent my 800 off to ML this morning! No prepaid label! About $13.00, no biggie! I have about half my warranty left, so i will give the new one a pool test, as soon as i get it!👍👍

Good to hear. Your replacement will most likely not leak. Mine is doing good in the water.

• Like 1

I hope it won't leak! But either did the last one, as far as i could tell!! The pod was never underwater! But that is getting ready to change, due to beach conditions being what they are! It will be interesting to see if the coil is the issue, and not the pod! I don't know if they will even tell me what part went bad! I will be able to tell what was replaced by the serial numbers! 👍👍

Minelab didn't tell me anything. Just that they had it and I will be getting it back soon.

• Like 1

I am like phrunt I am not careful with my detectors at all. I have left them in the bed of my truck on 100 degree days and in the back seat on the floorboard for weeks in temps from 80 - 100 degrees. Heck it was in the bed of my truck during a rainstorm that rained 3" in about 2 hours. I don't wash the sand or saltwater off from it either. I dropped it in the water more than once. .

I have had Garrett and Whites detectors and along with an Etrac but over all the Equinox is the best of the rest. I had a V3i for 3 years and in three years I didn't find as much with the V3i as I did with the Equinox in 2 months. Had to send the V3i in twice because the control box went bad. I had settings in the V3i I used from the V3i gurus but they weren't much better than the factory settings with a little discrimination. 

I have had issues with the both my 600 and my 800 but minelab took care of if immediately. That was within two months of the release date. If anything goes wrong again it's time for a new one. 

It's personal preference for everyone and it's more what you take a liking to than brand or model

• Like 1

ML received mine yesterday! And said it may take awhile due to Covid delays; to be expected!! The weather here has been unpredictable, and extremely hot, so not much detecting to do! But I'm doing alot of reading for now! It is what it is!

I'm detecting through you all for the time being! Keep up the finds, testing, problems, and stories!👍👍