My First Wheat Penny!!!!

I still like wheats; got a '57 this morn. If you're finding wheats, you're in the Ag zone, too! Got a '46 (first year?) Rosie and a War Nickel from the same area two days ago... So beat that yard like a rented mule! And get permissions from your neighbors with old houses, too! Good Luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Crunch said:

I still like wheats; got a '57 this morn. If you're finding wheats, you're in the Ag zone, too! Got a '46 (first year?) Rosie and a War Nickel from the same area two days ago... So beat that yard like a rented mule! And get permissions from your neighbors with old houses, too! Good Luck!

Thanks! I found a dateless silver liberty quarter last year in the yard. My grandfather did a lot of moving dirt so somethings may be lost in most of the yard. I found the two coins in a untouched part of the yard. I will keep trying in all parts of the yard. I will try to get permissions because my neighborhood ranges from 1938 to 1958. Good luck to you as well!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Johnny Crunch said:

beat that yard like a rented mule!

I am going to call every rental place near you and tell them not to rent any mules to you.

4 hours ago, TreasureHunter5 said:

My grandfather did a lot of moving dirt so somethings may be lost

That is a great place to be hunting with the age and the people who have been around it working.

A lot of times I will go to the older churches and football fields nearby to hunt.

Good luck!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2Valen said:
19 hours ago, Johnny Crunch said:

beat that yard like a rented mule!

I am going to call every rental place near you and tell them not to rent any mules to you.

Yoicks!! But English being what it is— maybe I meant that the rented mule was going to beat the yard! Yeah,  that's the ticket!

Seriously though, your suggestion of old churches is a great one! (Barber quarter and 1894 Krone in the front yard of a retired church!)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 2Valen said:

That is a great place to be hunting with the age and the people who have been around it working.

A lot of times I will go to the older churches and football fields nearby to hunt.

Good luck!

The works was done in the mid 1980s. My grandfather bought the property as rental units and now I own them all. I will check, and I have before, but there is not much left. One side of the house is where he buried all of the plaster walls when he renovated. 

• Like 2

Great find.  I've found around a dozen wheaties in the short time I've been detecting and all but two or three looked much worse than this one.  I wouldn't clean it any further, it looks good the way it is.

• Like 2

Congrats on your first Wheatie! No doubt it is the first of many. The yards of old homes can be very productive since they don't get hunted like public places do. I remember finding some nice things in my yard when I first started detecting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great find, I love wheat penny's!!! I managed to get out for an hour on the 4th and found a 1919 wheat, my oldest to date. They will always put a little grin on your face. Keep diggin for more smile's !!!!!

• Like 1

Congrats. Silver is lurking.