Ya, four ring days happen all the time!!!   No way!   You had a good day too!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on your finds, and good luck on your next hunt.

Now all you have to do is to find a nice diamond for your wife.

• Like 3

Nice post and story to go with it, thanks!  a 4 ring day is incredible.

• Like 1

Well done.  The 'ring thing' is a bit like nuggets.  Once you find one there is a knowledge in your swing that is just not possible to forget.  You get a sense for the water, the energy and the places where people lose jewelry.

Make sure you check the banks where people sit between swims and the old, dirt parking areas too.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great job Luke,

You may just get the rest of the family hooked on detecting! Those would be the really great family outings! Keep up the good "work"! Thanks for sharing the story!👍👍

• Like 2

Man I would go back to that spot ASAP!  Good Job! Jealous too, I have never dug a Palladium Ring!

• Like 2

Welcome on board!

Golden days are what push You to do it again and again...And when You go back home without gold, roasted meat and a good icy beer can solve the problem soon...

Thanks to this theory since last september, including quarantine, I gained 20+kg more than my usual weight💀😩😩

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Multiple ring days do not happen very often, but they do happen. It's always a surprise when it happens though 😄 Makes you want to hunt all day. That is why I always just hunt for the relaxation of it and when I find the first good target I relax even more.... but I get more serious as well 😉 Congrats on some really nice rings!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      This was on TV in New Zealand tonight about a guy finding a gold sovereign with his Nox worth about $50,000 NZD, about 33,000 USD.  It was an Aussie minted coin.
      The video even has what I see as a typical Garrett user in it 😛  Just kiddin'
    • By Skullgolddiver
      It happen... Anytime I check the wind radar hours before to go wet and I see something similar, the dreaming child in me wake up and high hopes follows the wind arrows.
      In some days even in Europe we will see the effect of this hurricane even if highly reduced in the force.
      Sunday afternoon I've seen an underrated profile by the TV and YouTube live for the weather.
      Right now, knowing well what that colours means I think someone near Orlando is living really a nightmare.
      (With great respect for all those on the Florida East coast and I hope all of You are safe and closed at home far from shore.)

• By mn90403
      I live in Southern California and we have many beaches where you can detect all night long.  If you have never done a night hunt I highly recommend them.  Now is a good time to go out because the moon is nearly full.  Most of my hunt last night I turned off my light and just enjoyed the clear skies, stars, planets and moon.  The comet is long gone when I get out at midnight but the moon is directly above.  I watched it set several hours later.
      One of the reasons I went out was because I read a surf report that said waves had come from a direction that makes one of my beaches 'come alive' with targets if they are big enough.  I went out before dark and I didn't see any of these 5 ft waves so I was skeptical.  When I got to my area there was a cut.  Not a big one but bigger than any in a long time.  So on a relative scale it was big.
      I worked my way along it and immediately started finding shallow quarters.  Shallow is one or two scoops with an 8" basket scoop.  It was fun.  I followed the cut quickly just in case someone else came out (they did) and then I doubled back later in the session.  There were lots of targets.  I dug over 150 by my actual count.  There were 34 quarters, 30 dimes, 20 nickels and 40 pennies.  I also found some micro jewelry (lets me know I'm not always going too fast) and a couple of cheap rings.  That represents well over 500 digs with my pull it towards me scoop.  I couldn't work a beach like this with a shovel scoop.  
      I couldn't find ringsville last night but I was searching the patch diligently for it.  Better luck next time.

• By Bash
      A few weeks ago, inspired by some threads in the jewelry forum, I started shifting my focus from cherry picking coins, to digging possible jewelry signals using the Equinox 800.  I actually started finding some, as shown in the first picture below.  I was becoming a little frustrated, as (with the exception of one tiny silver ring), all I was finding was “crap” jewelry. 

That changed this morning.  It’s been getting wicked hot here in Montana, so I’ve been out in the parks early.  I was in one of the main city parks this morning (A park I’ve pulled a ton of coins out of, including a couple of Mercs and a war nickel), searching a different section away from the stage area where they have concerts, etc., when I got a solid 18/19 signal, consistent in all directions. I’ve dug many, many signals in this range, and most turn out to be some sort of can tab, but those signals have always been kind of "janky" and change or disappear with the direction of the swing.  This one did not. I pinpointed. I dug.  The target was right at the bottom of the plug. A glint of gold!  I popped it out with my finger to reveal my first gold find!  4.74 grams of 10k plain gold band, with a current melt value of almost $125.00!

Yes, I did a gold dance!

This one find helped codify what signals I could/should/might be looking for.  I know it’s not the end all be all, but the signal was SO strong and clear compared to all the aluminum tabs I’ve dug, the contrast was revelatory.  I feel I’ve made a huge leap in understanding.

The ring has an inscription and a date from 20 years ago, so I think I will put a craigslist ad in lost and found.

Still a noob.

~Bash

• By devilsrenegade
      Went back to an old poured concrete foundation in the woods which is a popular Elk hunters campsite. This is a site where I found my first seated dime a few years ago. The area is loaded with modern trash and lot's of iron nails and old tin buried near the foundation walls. I brought my Teknetics G2 with both the 5" and 11"x7" coil as I also intended to try some nugget detecting near the creek. I didn't find any nuggets but managed to pull 2 nice V nickels, 1890 and 1883. I set the detector in disc mode after ground balancing at 83. The ground here is very mineralized. I then set the tone break at 40 to separate ferrous from nonferrous and started swinging . I dug everything that hit in the ferrous range and all one-way signals that sounded good one direction but like iron the other. I also managed a few relics and a small pile of trash.