18 hours ago, 2Valen said:

Congrats on your finds, and good luck on your next hunt.

Now all you have to do is to find a nice diamond for your wife.

Ya, lol shes itching for a nice lady ring. I was surprised they were all men's rings. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well done!  Palladium (a member of the Platinum Group Metals = PGM) has been above $2000/ozt most of the year with a high of around $2800 before the Virus took hold.  Even right now it's value is still higher than gold.  Will be interested in the weights you get after getting home from vacation.

Always good to make such finds when still in early learning mode -- gives you a lot of confidence.  In the meantime, you've obviously found a detector's garden spot so make the most of your time remaining there and show us even more loot!

I will definitely post anything else I find. I just purchased a digital scale online to get an idea of the weight. The pallidium ring was definitely for a large man. It did give a little confidence boost, but even more so, unbridled joy. 

12 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Great job Luke,

You may just get the rest of the family hooked on detecting! Those would be the really great family outings! Keep up the good "work"! Thanks for sharing the story!👍👍

My boys are 4 and 5. I tried letting them use my old Bounty Hunter Tracker VI but they a still a tad short lol. They will definitely be coming with me when they get a little taller. They already want to. Im trying to get my wife on board. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

10 hours ago, midalake said:

Man I would go back to that spot ASAP!  Good Job! Jealous too, I have never dug a Palladium Ring!

I had never even heard of it! I thought PD950 was some type of European Hallmark for gold or silver. It's a neat metal, and beautiful to boot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Welcome on board!

Golden days are what push You to do it again and again...And when You go back home without gold, roasted meat and a good icy beer can solve the problem soon...

Thanks to this theory since last september, including quarantine, I gained 20+kg more than my usual weight💀😩😩

Hahaha, I like that, I had roasted meat tonight 😕. It helped a hole lot with my lack of gold for the day. I have a great time wading through the water anyhow!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LukeJMG1986 said:

shes itching for a nice lady ring.

Most women  lose their rings in the water, while it seems the men lose their rings on the land, when doing fresh water areas such as creeks and lakes.

Dive into the water and get it for her.

53 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Most women  lose their rings in the water, while it seems the men lose their rings on the land, when doing fresh water areas such as creeks and lakes.

Dive into the water and get it for her.

I gotta get some waterproof headphones so I can bring the equinox down. I actually found all four of those in the water! I want to hit the spots the canoes flip

• Like 3

What part of the country are you in?

Be careful on getting the nox wet, a couple of people on here have had some bad times with water.

Good luck on your next outing!