So What Are Your Plans For The Impulse AQ Limited?

I would guess that there are more than a few of us here that are already on the list for the new Fisher detector. So where do you plan on using/testing the detector? Here is my list:

- Back bays that don't get major sand movement and have a ton of iron and other trash. However, there are plenty of deep targets and old gold if you know where to look. 

- Low on the slope during extreme low tides (especially negative tides). The gold is always there but the depth depends on sand movement and which detector you are using.

- Some fresh water lakes where I have found many gold rings but know that there are a lot more that are deep because of the soft sand bottom and agitation from wind waves and boat wakes. Because there is no salt there I should be able to tune the detector for optimum performance.

- Sand dunes where we have found old coins and jewelry over the years. Deep deep targets.

- Possibly the eastern deserts of California where we have found a few locations with old coins that get buried by drifting sands and washed into black sand gullies from flash floods.

- Oh, and, of course, the jet black sand beaches.

• Like 7

Looks like a good plan, And I can guarantee it's going to work for you. Just what you posted is what I have been preaching will be the best way to use the "AQ'...........Know your spots like the back of your hand, and having a plan of attack. Good Luck and can't wait to see how all goes.

• Like 6

Being in Europe I'll wait longer for the next released model to be here.

I'll go in multiple places where sands are terribly soft and heavy. Is a nightmare to dig there. Old Dunes with some black inside. I managed really few coins there with my friend's Excal in all metal. No way to hear treshold in disc.

This will be 50% of the use cause usually I hunt underwater and for the most I'm on wetsand only when testing new stuff.

My focus is now on another fact:how to dig efficiently between rocks under the surface. Not only the scoop is useless in my area, but I skip all those places where a certain sand doesn't remain for long out of the hole.I have a Suex scooter for this work but so heavy to kill my back going downthere.

A dream of mine is to explore ignored places like this one, equipped with a 4x4 quad (not allowed here on the beach).

I tried to move sand with a dredge I built, with scooter and with hands. Nothing works properly if there's not real wave's energy for at least three days.

For this weight reasons I recently transformed my equipment to freedive and hunt the shallows.

Still need to improve how to stay longer down when digging holes, as apnea's first rule is total body relax...But relax doesn't happen when you move sand deep to 50cm🤣

IMG_20200122_160230_952.jpg

• Like 8

My local beach is a gold mine. Thousands of Asian locals and tourists whom for some odd reason love wearing jewelry to the beach. The sand here has no hard pan or shells to stop targets sinking, so you have to be quick. Whilst my Nox has done a great job thus far, finding me plenty of gold.. I really need to tune down the settings. The salinity of the water here causes the Nox to overload and switch into low power mode. This requires constant resets. In waist/shoulder deep water I am only finding shallow fresh drops. In the wet sand, I can power up and find deeper stuff. If I could manage to get my hands on an Impulse AQ I would be straight into shoulder deep water digging up the deeper and heavier drops. With this machine, I will not be counting gold in grams, but Kilograms 😁 (we can always dream right?)

I am living in the hope that once the North American buyers have been taken care of, Fisher will consider shipping Internationally. 🙏

biendanang1_zing.jpg.2cf053925a071dad023ee1fd8ab3a206.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Thanks Steve, Looks like one of the main draws to the AQ is its potential to handle black "magnetic" sand. My Dual Field has been good to me at my black sand beaches for shallow targets but even it overloads when the black sand is too thick.

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Looks like a good plan, And I can guarantee it's going to work for you. Just what you posted is what I have been preaching will be the best way to use the "AQ'...........Know your spots like the back of your hand, and having a plan of attack. Good Luck and can't wait to see how all goes.

Thanks OBN, There have even been gold coins found at a couple of those spots I have in mind which is why I was encouraged by your test of the 22k gold ring.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Being in Europe I'll wait longer for the next released model to be here.

etc

Hi diver, I did a little freediving with an early White's underwater metal detector when I was stationed in Hawaii in the 70's. I don't remember the model number but it was the size and shape of an electronic megaphone and had one earpiece that snapped into a hood.

I used to dive down and acquire multiple targets and mark them with plastic clothespins. I'd then surface, get some air and go back down and dig all the targets out with my state-of-the-art french fry basket. 

If I tried that today I would probably black out!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beach Pirate said:

My local beach is a gold mine. Thousands of Asian locals and tourists whom for some odd reason love wearing jewelry to the beach. The sand here has no hard pan or shells to stop targets sinking, so you have to be quick.

etc

Hi Pirate, Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere that the AQ had some problems detecting 24K gold which, I believe, is more popular in your location. If true, perhaps,  that is only in the "discrimination" modes?

I plundered the East Coast Beaches for gold and the relic fields of Culpeper Va. with Eric Fosters Goldscan 5c. With the Goldscan's DNA present it's sure to be a keeper. Amazing to think it can be that small when large battery packs were needed to operate ground balancing PI's

• Like 2