So What Are Your Plans For The Impulse AQ Limited?

25 minutes ago, Compass said:

Hi diver, I did a little freediving with an early White's underwater metal detector when I was stationed in Hawaii in the 70's. I don't remember the model number but it was the size and shape of an electronic megaphone and had one earpiece that snapped into a hood.

I used to dive down and acquire multiple targets and mark them with plastic clothespins. I'd then surface, get some air and go back down and dig all the targets out with my state-of-the-art french fry basket. 

If I tried that today I would probably black out!

You had me at French Fry Basket. A friend used one on dry sand. I used a Beaver's tail to move the dry sand.

2 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

You had me at French Fry Basket. A friend used one on dry sand. I used a Beaver's tail to move the dry sand.

Pretty much used to be the only option unless you built your own. Back then most households in my area had these.  They were about 8" round and 6" deep and were much stronger than the ones made today. We would use short pieces of split garden hoses straddled over the edge of the basket to act as comfort grips. Hard on the back but very efficient at filtering wet sand. Of course, we weren't digging down 20" either. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beach Pirate said:

My local beach is a gold mine. Thousands of Asian locals and tourists whom for some odd reason love wearing jewelry to the beach. The sand here has no hard pan or shells to stop targets sinking, so you have to be quick. Whilst my Nox has done a great job thus far, finding me plenty of gold.. I really need to tune down the settings. The salinity of the water here causes the Nox to overload and switch into low power mode. This requires constant resets. In waist/shoulder deep water I am only finding shallow fresh drops. In the wet sand, I can power up and find deeper stuff. If I could manage to get my hands on an Impulse AQ I would be straight into shoulder deep water digging up the deeper and heavier drops. With this machine, I will not be counting gold in grams, but Kilograms 😁 (we can always dream right?)

I am living in the hope that once the North American buyers have been taken care of, Fisher will consider shipping Internationally. 🙏

what is your youtube channel ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaNciznYBaOjWMZgrFbLu1Q/videos
you can hope to multiply the number of gold target
by 5 / minimum in all metal mode
an example / on the same beach in four days

11 gold rings
nothing extraordinary,
but it is by passing after at least 10/15 prospectors
some were there a week before me !!
the spot had digged well
all were with minelab / etrac, equinox, GT, exca ....
No Pi except my Impulse AQ
the first day I had 5 gold rings
the two guys I'm chatting with = nothing ..
:))

8 hours ago, Compass said:

Hi Pirate, Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere that the AQ had some problems detecting 24K gold which, I believe, is more popular in your location. If true, perhaps,  that is only in the "discrimination" modes?

in all metals mode
it's deepest on 24k jewelry

in reject mode
there is a possibility
switch to volcanic mode
and do some tests with 24k jewelry
in rejection mode / the limit will be the weight of the 24k

but it's still possible
and in some parts of the world
especially in Asia, I advise you to do the tests

you can pass on spots with iron and find 24k
when you are an AQ ...

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

I plundered the East Coast Beaches for gold and the relic fields of Culpeper Va. with Eric Fosters Goldscan 5c. With the Goldscan's DNA present it's sure to be a keeper. Amazing to think it can be that small when large battery packs were needed to operate ground balancing PI's

the 5c has long been my favorite machine
original it had two faults
soil adjustment / even at zero
remains operational / you must add an on / off
to really cut it at the beach
and then add SAT setting
with that we gain more than 5 inches on a gold ring
but today even with this modifications
he is far behind AQ ...

1623502536_5c.JPG.db110c1ca9c9f2208cb2f91c7df4463d.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Compass said:

Hi Pirate, Hopefully, I'm wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere that the AQ had some problems detecting 24K gold which, I believe, is more popular in your location. If true, perhaps,  that is only in the "discrimination" modes?

Hi Compass,

You are correct. 24K or 9999 as they call it here rings very high like silver. From memory a 7.5 gram 24K ring was hitting 30-32 on the Equinox. I believe hunting in All Metal mode will be the way to go.

7 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

Hi Le Jag, yes Sir... that is my YouTube Channel. Thankfully there is not a lot of iron on the beach here, so if I can ever get my hands on the AQ I will be hunting in All Metal Mode. I don't want to miss out on that 24K 👍

7 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

11 gold rings
nothing extraordinary,
but it is by passing after at least 10/15 prospectors
some were there a week before me !!
the spot had digged well
all were with minelab / etrac, equinox, GT, exca ....
No Pi except my Impulse AQ
the first day I had 5 gold rings
the two guys I'm chatting with = nothing ..
:))

in all metals mode
it's deepest on 24k jewelry

in reject mode
there is a possibility
switch to volcanic mode
and do some tests with 24k jewelry
in rejection mode / the limit will be the weight of the 24k

but it's still possible
and in some parts of the world
especially in Asia, I advise you to do the tests

you can pass on spots with iron and find 24k
when you are an AQ ...

Thank you LE.JAG, This is good to know. There doesn't seem to be much 24K in my area but I would hate to miss one if I got my coil over it.

My plan is to go over my favorite places and try tone mode first and then all metal, to see if there actually are any  targets that tone mode misses. But generally it's all metal in the iron deficient areas and mute or tone mode in the wet iron areas. Of course it may change if I get onto the beach and it seems not to be the best approach. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beach Pirate said:

Hi Compass,

You are correct. 24K or 9999 as they call it here rings very high like silver. From memory a 7.5 gram 24K ring was hitting 30-32 on the Equinox. I believe hunting in All Metal mode will be the way to go.

Thanks Beach Pirate, 22K is the highest gold karat I have found with any detector so this is useful information. I like and always dig those 30-32 numbers- most of the time it's something worth keeping.

9 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

My plan is to go over my favorite places and try tone mode first and then all metal, to see if there actually are any  targets that tone mode misses. But generally it's all metal in the iron deficient areas and mute or tone mode in the wet iron areas. Of course it may change if I get onto the beach and it seems not to be the best approach. .

It's certainly going to be exciting going back to some "hunted out" areas and running the AQ through the different modes. If it does what I hope it will do it will make all my favorite sites like "virgin" territory again. I have had many pulse detectors so I am used to digging a lot but it looks like I will be digging much deeper with the AQ.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

the 5c has long been my favorite machine
original it had two faults
soil adjustment / even at zero
remains operational / you must add an on / off
to really cut it at the beach
and then add SAT setting
with that we gain more than 5 inches on a gold ring
but today even with this modifications
he is far behind AQ ...

1623502536_5c.JPG.db110c1ca9c9f2208cb2f91c7df4463d.JPG

Yes . But it kicked allot of arse where I used it. Stay safe and well.

• Like 1